Resolved: [Bug report} Can't auto-update AppImage ("Failed to download latest release info")
I'm using the latest nightly build AppImage of "PCSX2" on my SteamDeck, and all of a sudden the auto-update does not work anymore! When trying to do it manually by chosing the option "Search for updates..." from the apps' "Help" menu, I'm getting an error message saying "Failed to download latest release info: 99"

System Information: Steam Deck
Operating System: SteamOS v3.4.6
CPU: AMD Zen 2
GPU: AMD RDNA 2

Sponsored links

Steamdeck seems to be using outdated packages which seem to collide and fail.
(07-30-2023, 01:14 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: Steamdeck seems to be using outdated packages which seem to collide and fail.

But in the past it worked without any problems! And aren't other Linux platforms affected then also?

I hope you wiill find a solution, because I don't want to use the SteamDecks flatpak version of "PCSX2", as there are some flaws in it which the AppImage one fortunatley does not have...
Not much we can do afaik.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-30-2023, 03:44 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Not much we can do afaik.

I've tracked down the version the issue started to occur: Nightly build v1.7.4714 is the last one the "Automatic Updater" splash screen shows up properly reporting that there is an update available to the newest nightly build (currently v1.7.4849).

Could you check what you have changed from v1.7.4715 on that broke this functionality and fix it, please?
Unfortunately, no
It has to do with steam OS.

Other Linux builds work fine
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-31-2023, 11:36 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Unfortunately, no
It has to do with steam OS.

Other Linux builds work fine

In the meantime I found out that I was not running the latest stable version of the SteamOS, so I upgraded from v3.4.6 to v3.4.8. But the error "Failed to download latest release info: 99"  persists!

I know that SteamDecks' underlying platform is ArchLinux. So my questions regarding "PCSX2" auto-update functionality are:

1, What requirements did nightly build v1.7.4715 of "PCSX2" introduce regarding the OS?
2. There is a "beta" v3.5.0 SteamOS available on an experimental update channel. According to people from the steam communoity It is on kernel 6.1.21. Would it work again with this version of SteamOS?
Was reported fixed by Link.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.