Resolved: [Bug report] Metal Gear Solid 3 [PAL]
Hmmm.. don't know if related, but could it be a similar bug to the water/textures bug in MGS3, and also similar to tomb raider:legend, and maybe also the brightness==3 bug in GT4? On all these cases BTW, the bug doesn't exist with software renderer. Some kind of textures reference errors on hardware rendering of GSDX?

Sponsored links

avih:
The problem is with GSdx's texture cache and texture invalidation. Another issue is the GS's ability to cast texture formats without us knowing about it.
A fix to this requires a new invalidation system that's rooted in PCSX2 itself. Then the whole texture cache in GSdx needs to be replaced.
It's a big task and we have a schedule for it even Wink
Ok, sounds like it is an PSCX problem and not a problem of my PC. Thats good NEWS Smile Im waiting for updates.

And no, i dont have it all the time in some of the movies all is fine. The main problem is that i also have it ingame, when i play and that realy annoys me. If the blue errors would only appear invideos i would not complain about them.
First, for some reason I haven't noticed the original question and answered the "blue junk graphics" one.. bahh.

(06-24-2010, 03:26 PM)rama Wrote: avih:
The problem is with GSdx's texture cache and texture invalidation. Another issue is the GS's ability to cast texture formats without us knowing about it.
A fix to this requires a new invalidation system that's rooted in PCSX2 itself. Then the whole texture cache in GSdx needs to be replaced.
It's a big task and we have a schedule for it even Wink

Anyway, regarding this texture cache issue, shouldn't it be an issue of GSdx proper? how come it's rooted in PCSX2 itself? as for the "secret" format casting, beyond the fact that surely there's info/hints somewhere inside the code about the cast target format, couldn't there be some heuristics to gives better results? or is it already using one?

Anyway, good to know it's scheduled.. you guys are really doing an amazing job IMHO Smile
Hey,
ive got a strange problem. I dont know why but my MGS lags suddenly for no reason in the first playable scene. When i ran the game the first time i was able to run around without any lag. When i started the programm the second time and tried to play it lagged like hell? Ive played a bit with the plugins etc. but it still lags.

Have u ever had the same problem?
# PCSX2 version: PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3878)
# CPU options: Default (but I tried everything)
# Plugins used: GSdx 3068 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.16, SPU2-X r3117 1.4.0
# Description: When I start in the region called Dolinovodno, at the very begining of the game I can see the enemy in front of me elevating to the sky, if I crouch and later I stand up and try to run, snake moves his legs but he can't change his position and then suddenly apear a screen like this:
Screenshot

The game is still runing, I can select my weapons and the leaves are flying but I can do nothing else.
yesterday, im finished mgs 3,and im have bug in nightmare mini games (after saving in snake prison cell,mini games unlocked) pcsx2 always crash in hardware mode and i solved problem with change to software but very slow 17-19 fps
(03-23-2011, 12:25 AM)Betametze Wrote: # PCSX2 version: PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3878)
# CPU options: Default (but I tried everything)
# Plugins used: GSdx 3068 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.16, SPU2-X r3117 1.4.0
# Description: When I start in the region called Dolinovodno, at the very begining of the game I can see the enemy in front of me elevating to the sky, if I crouch and later I stand up and try to run, snake moves his legs but he can't change his position and then suddenly apear a screen like this:
Screenshot

The game is still runing, I can select my weapons and the leaves are flying but I can do nothing else.

This issue has been fixed for me with the new release 0.9.8 (r4600). ¡Thanks to the developers!
Hello all

Im starting with Pcsx2 i have the 0.9.8 r4600
and i have a graphic problem with Metal gear 3 PAL

[Image: bugzd.jpg]

i have an Ati HD5850 + E8500

Windows 7 64bits Sp1

These blue stripes appears only in Dx9 & Dx11 HARDWaRE not in Software

Anyone can help me?
Probably not for the minute, however if you can give us the CRC for your game, we can add it to GSDX so in future and have your problem resolved in hw Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]