Resolved: [Bug report] Ring of Red [NTSC + PAL]
# Playground version: official playground release 1.0.0395, 636 and the (old) official beta 0.9.5 svn337
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Plugins used: Gsdx for Directx9 or Zerogs 0.97.1, spu2ghz 1.9.0 or zerospu 0.46, CDVD P.E.O.s 1.3.0 or Linuzz ISO 0.7.0
# Description: I've encountered so far 2 scenarios of freeze:

1/ Right in the opening FMV, the game freezes. FPS counter still goes on though. However, this can be solved by the magic START button (skipping the FMV altogether)

2/ After that, the game goes quite smoothly with almost no glitch or bug until Mission 13, when you have to destroy the Dora Gustaf (the boss here). However, when Dora Gustaf is defeated, it tries to launch the Nuke, after which I believe is a FMV (It's so long since the last time I played it on a real PS2) and the game simply freezes in a black transition screen.

I thought it may be due to the NTSC rom so I tried a PAL version. PAL version still encounters the #1 bug and I still have no time to go through 13 missions to check #2 bug.

Every comment is welcome. It's quite near the end of the game so I just wanna finish it, well...

Sponsored links

It's a problem with FMVs, and it's known. You'll have to wait till it's fixed unfortunately

EDIT: Still present as of latest beta
Er... I'm sorry but I was away for a while. Could anyone please confirm if this bug still persists in the latest 0.9.7 version?
try it and find out, it'll take you 5 minutes to download and test, where it could take ages for someone to test it (Krak doesn't seem to be around anymore)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-17-2010, 11:23 AM)refraction Wrote: try it and find out, it'll take you 5 minutes to download and test, where it could take ages for someone to test it (Krak doesn't seem to be around anymore)
er... thanks, point taken.
I dug the old disc up and... still the same bug in 0.9.7. So, the question should be, could I find a patch anywhere?
If it hangs due to an FMV then you should be able to make a patch to skip it with PCSX2 0.9.6
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.