Resolved: Documents folder couldn't be created PCSX2 r4206
Hi all.

Initiated the thread in the correct place? Hope so.

My Windows XP virtual machine is in Portuguese (Brazilian), so My Documents folders are placed in 'C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Meus Documentos'

Running the First-Time Wizard, it seems that my newly compiled (without errors) PCSX2 r4206 is not able to create the PCSX2 folder in my 'My Documents', as seen in the attached picture and log.

In the attached picture, the program reports only 'C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Meus', ignoring a space char and 'Documentos\PCSX2\bios'... The log file have constants " couldn't be created" messages, even though my user account is administrator.

UPDATE: it works normal if I manually create a folder 'PCSX2' in Documents folder, but still it is not automatically created.

Maybe it's a new bug in r4206?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   PCSX2_Program_Log.txt (Size: 3,79 KB / Downloads: 360)

Sponsored links

similar issue with me, even if you have a custom directory, each time you re-open r4206 it trys to ask for the default directory.
It seems to happen in linux to, so I guess it is not related My Documents having space in the path. It looks like PCSX2 is not being able to create the folder, even if the user account have write permissions.
Please do a check with 4208
Latest rev fixes the settings but has the first time wizard still broken.
It's all known and will be fixed soon.
In rev 4208, I did the following test: installed, removed '~/PCSX2' folder and ran 'pcsx2 --forcewiz'. After the new main screen of the wizard, I have the following message logged:
Code:
[wx] Directory '/home/rafael/PCSX2/memcards' couldn't be created (error 2: Arquivo ou diret)
[wx] Directory '/home/rafael/PCSX2/sstates' couldn't be created (error 2: Arquivo ou diret)
[wx] Directory '/home/rafael/PCSX2/snaps' couldn't be created (error 2: Arquivo ou diret)
[wx] Directory '/home/rafael/PCSX2/logs' couldn't be created (error 2: Arquivo ou diret)
("arquivo ou diret" = file or directory... not found, maybe?)

Then, I canceled the wizard, and got:
Code:
[wx] Failed to create a temporary file name (error 2: Arquivo ou diret)
[wx] can't open user configuration file.

Then I manually created ~/PCSX2 folder and it seems to be solved.

Could it be problem with wx? Air mentioned a possible situation related with wx in linux (here), when I said that translation files were not beting recognized in /Langs/pt_BR (canonical name)
FYI, I change the mkdir behavior in trunk. I hope it fix the missing PCSX2 directory issue.
yep, I tested in r4332 and it works fine. Thanks.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction