Resolved: Metal Gear Solid 3 and memory card issue
hi everyone, im new here so im sorry if this thread is already been asked before Ohmy..the problem im having with the two things i mention in the title, is that the game (msg3 subsistance) wont recognize my memorycard, i don't know why becase when i boot the bios to see the content of the memorycard, it shows up just fine, both memorycards are in there.. but when im booting the game, the part where checks if there are any memorycards inserted, it says there's no any Ohmy even when im playing and try to save the game, para-medic says there's is no memorycard inserted.

so can you help me? i don't know what to do, i don't like to save my game using the savestate, besides i want to use some codes from codebreaker and if the game doesn't recognize my memorycard it wont work for me (im saying this because i already start the game, and have a savestate)

by the way, when i boot the codebreaker, it does't say anything about there's no memorycard, so the codebreaker does recognize the memorycard

the pscx2 im using is pcsx2-r5703

sorry for my bad english, and for the testament Laugh oh and again, for making this thread in case is already created before Ohmy

Sponsored links

It's the latest SVN commission that brake the MEMCARD support on MGS3.
Go back to 5695 and you'll be fine.
(07-26-2013, 05:01 AM)MerolaC Wrote: It's the latest SVN commission that brake the MEMCARD support on MGS3.
Go back to 5695 and you'll be fine.

oh i see! Ohmy but one more question then, i first used the official pcsx2 1.0.0 i guess, the one that's no SVN, and the game runs terrible, it was kinda laggy the gameplay, but the codec conversations and cutscenes ran very fast, so it was unplayable (the memorycard work with this one). so i decided to use a SVN version, that's why i downloaded that version, and the game begin to run smoothly Smile but then i get that problem with the memorycard, so my question is, if i go back to 5695 like you're saying, the game it will still working fine? i guess i could try instead of asking you, but you know, im here so i ask anyway xD

thanks by the way!
The game should work perfectly fine on official 1.0 version.
The game needs a really powerful machine.
You should post you PC hardware.

I had played the game in almost full speed (some cutscenes where badly slow and "too crowded" battles where a little bit bad, but playable at all times)

My PC when I played it was:

i5 3570k @4.3GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5870
8 GB RAM 1866
SoundBlaster Titanium HD
Settings where (Speedhacks):

PCSX2 (Can't recall SVN, but was in the 5000's)
EE 1
VU 0
INTC Active
Wait Loop Active
Fast CDDVD Active
mVu Flag Active
MTVU Active

GSDX DX11 Hardware
Dinterlace Auto
Res x4 Native
Texture Filter

SPU-X
Interpolation Catmul-Rom
Disable postprocess effects Not Active
Use Dealias Filter Active
Portaudio - Windows WASAPI (I wanted bitperfect audio, you SHOULD use XAudio2)
Latency 100ms
Sync: Async
Audio Expansion Mode: Stereo

Pad
Pokopon XInput Pad Plugin 2.0 (Latest release)
(07-26-2013, 05:26 AM)MerolaC Wrote: The game should work perfectly fine on official 1.0 version.
The game needs a really powerful machine.
You should post you PC hardware.

I had played the game in almost full speed (some cutscenes where badly slow and "too crowded" battles where a little bit bad, but playable at all times)

My PC when I played it was:

i5 3570k @4.3GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5870
8 GB RAM 1866
SoundBlaster Titanium HD
Settings where (Speedhacks):

PCSX2 (Can't recall SVN, but was in the 5000's)
EE 1
VU 0
INTC Active
Wait Loop Active
Fast CDDVD Active
mVu Flag Active
MTVU Active

GSDX DX11 Hardware
Dinterlace Auto
Res x4 Native
Texture Filter

SPU-X
Interpolation Catmul-Rom
Disable postprocess effects Not Active
Use Dealias Filter Active
Portaudio - Windows WASAPI (I wanted bitperfect audio, you SHOULD use XAudio2)
Latency 100ms
Sync: Async
Audio Expansion Mode: Stereo

Pad
Pokopon XInput Pad Plugin 2.0 (Latest release)

i don't have any problem playing the game, on my computer runs exactly like you say it runs on yours, the gamaplay is fine, but cutscenes a little slow (not all cutscenes) the problem i have is what i mention before, the game doesn't recognize my memory card only when im using that version of pcsx2, the one i mention earlier. im going to try the version he told me to see if that solve the problem.

and if you want to know my PC hardware, here it is:

i3 550 3.20 ghz
ATI Radeon HD 6570 2gb
4 gb RAM
Could you please test the pcsx2 file from the following post? Memory Card problems
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
sorry to bother, i hope i don't get any more trouble with this game and emulator. but know i have another problem, and i don't know if it is a game trouble or an emulator trouble, but when im in the middle of the fight against the fear, the game suddenly freeze, or the emulator freezes i don't know, the point is that i can't do anything, the computer does't respond from anything, if i want to open the task manager to force close the emulator, that does't work, the mouse is the only that moves, but for short time when its freezes too, so the only i can do is to restart my computer Wacko what can i do? is the game or the emulator?
forget it dont answer! i solved the problem myself haha i kill the fear, and i don't know but know the game runs even better!
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.