Resolved: PCSX2 1.4.0 Rule of Rose Cutscene Problem
So i'm using the newest version of the PCSX2 to play Rule of Rose in which is my favorite game, but, i can't get to see the cutscenes as they're all black, and i'm getting really upset and desperate with this since i tried everything internet could say me (Git revisions/builds, widescreen patch, GSdx plugins...)
 Then, what should i do?

My PC specs:
.Windows 7
.4GB RAM
.Intel® Core™2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz 2.93 GHz
.GeForce GT 630

Sponsored links

Known issue, you need to enable the following code and compile to make a release build which will play the FMV's properly.

The following hack which was made for fixing the cutscene is disabled currently so the only other alternative is to compile the source enabling the hack (or) wait for a general fix to get released for this issue, Thanks for reporting.
How do i actually compile the source? (Thanks for answering, by the way Laugh )
(01-14-2016, 09:50 PM)Forukko Wrote: How do i actually compile the source? (Thanks for answering, by the way Laugh )

you need a build environment ( something like Visual Studio 2015 ). if you're not sure how to compile then I'll provide the build with the hack within a hour.
Can you do that for me!? Sure you won't be bothered? Oh boy! How should i thank ya!?
Yahaaaaa!
(01-14-2016, 10:27 PM)Forukko Wrote: Can you do that for me!? Sure you won't be bothered? Oh boy! How should i thank ya!?
Yahaaaaa!

so did he compile it for you?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-14-2016, 10:40 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: so did he compile it for you?

Well... Not yet...
I'm just dumb and i get happy really easy, don't mind me, i guess...
If I remember correctly this was the case before and should be still the same?

Known Issues
No video picture during cutscenes
  • Type: Minor
  • Description: Pre rendered cutscenes don't show up during gameplay. Screen is black, but you can hear the cutscenes audio playing.
  • Workaround: Switch to software mode! Nothing high demanding here; just watch it in software mode and switch back to hardware mode at the end. The game starts with a somewhat long pre rendered intro video; so don't be surprised, if there is sound only.
Also you can simply use the game fix 'Switch to GSdx software rendering when an FMV plays' to have this done automatically for you
(01-14-2016, 10:53 PM)prafull Wrote: If I remember correctly this was the case before and should be still the same?

Known Issues
  • Description: Pre rendered cutscenes don't show up during gameplay. Screen is black, but you can hear the cutscenes audio playing.
  • Workaround: Switch to software mode! Nothing high demanding here; just watch it in software mode and switch back to hardware mode at the end. The game starts with a somewhat long pre rendered intro video; so don't be surprised, if there is sound only.
Also you can simply use the game fix 'Switch to GSdx software rendering when an FMV plays' to have this done automatically for you

And may tou tell me how do i use the game fix? I mean... Detailed.
(01-14-2016, 10:53 PM)prafull Wrote: If I remember correctly this was the case before and should be still the same?

Known Issues
Well... I managed to find the game fix, and i used it, but i guess... it isn't working: http://prntscr.com/9q66zv