Resolved: Simple bug with the console reporting.
(05-07-2015, 05:54 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Yeah I think that's a good idea. Maybe the console message can even say 'Changing GSdx renderers, see the game window's title bar for the current renderer' or something like that. What does everyone else think?
i like the idea

Sponsored links

I'm not sure that change to the console was a good idea.Now it's even harder to know which mode you use.
I hope Nobbs66 or someone else add that info to the GSdx window...or at least in the console(what renderer you are using and mode)
that's actually quite easy, the Renderer variable can be used to identify the current used Renderer. the rest is to set up a log message for each variable change, I hope Nobbs66 is working on this right now.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-30-2015, 04:55 PM)ssakash Wrote: that's actually quite easy, the Renderer variable can be used to identify the current used Renderer. the rest is to set up a log message for each variable change, I hope Nobbs66 is working on this right now.

Was working on this last night with Blyss. The render variable is out of scope and it nuking my brain. Ssakash, if you can, please either help me with this, or do it yourself.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
then we would have to find any other source for detection of the renderer change. I'll try looking for it and provide more information if I find a method. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-31-2015, 07:11 AM)ssakash Wrote: then we would have to find any other source for detection of the renderer change. I'll try looking for it and provide more information if I find a method. Smile

Searched for hours. If you can do it without rewriting many thousand lines of code, then I will be massively impressed. Honestly, it's a complete pain in the ass and is nearly an impossible project.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
If you want it on the GS title bar you can always change it on the GSdx side by modifying what is returned by GSgetTitleInfo2 in plugins/GSdx/GS.cpp. Two different ways to do it off the top of my head are
1. When the renderer is selected in _GSOpen you modify a static string to hold the renderer info. You then simply copy that to the buffer each time in GSgetTitleInfo2, or
2. Every time GSgetTitleInfo2 is called, you add the renderer info using s_renderer.

If you want the renderer displayed in the console you can always just add some printfs on the GSdx side.
(05-07-2015, 10:07 PM)refraction Wrote: It has now been changed on the github, so the console no longer tries to guess which renderer you're using Smile

Should probably request that GSDX has it added to the window bar so that tells you lol

What got changed? Because this is what shows up now when I toggle into (and then out of) the software renderer:
Code:
Suspending single plugin: GS
    Saving GS
    Closing GS
Recovering single plugin: GS
    Opening GS
        Toggling GSdx Hardware/Software renderer
    Loading GS
Suspending single plugin: GS
    Saving GS
    Closing GS
Recovering single plugin: GS
    Opening GS
    Loading GS

Shouldn't the line "Toggling GSdx Hardware/Software renderer" show up again after the second "Opening GS" line?

-EDIT-
Found the commit: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/c4...e81b231103

I don't see how that commit could have broken the WriteLn's behavior though. It should be printing twice and it's only printing once.

-EDIT-
Looks like the behavior has been broken for forever. Went back to 1.3.0-882 and it was doing it back then as well.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Thanks for the help Turtleli ! , @Vsub - could you check whether the renderer reporting at the top looks good to you ? if yes, I will move this to the resolved subforums. [check the latest development build]
- Refraction
Yes,the GSdx title shows the renderer used correctly no matter how I try to make it show confuse it Smile but the settings are still not applied correctly when you choose a renderer but that's another problem and yes,you can move it to resolved subforum.

Don't know how important this now will be since you always see the used renderer in the title screen but the thread was about the console,not the title bar(it's better in the title bar tho)

And v1.3.1-540 number looks good(that's one of my criterias for updating emulators Tongue2 )so I guess it's time to update.