Resolved-Workaround: [Bug Report] Fate/Unlimited Codes [NTSC]
EDIT:

# Pcsx2 version: Beta 791

# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on, VU skip on (Custom limit of 60 fps)

# Plugins used: Gsdx 694 0.1.14, SPU2-X 1.1.0, Lilypad 0.9.10, Linuz ISOCDVD 0.8.0

# Speedhacks: Default Cycle Rate, INTC Sync Hack, IOP x2 Cycle Rate

#Advanced:
EE Recs Options:
Round mode: Nearest
Clamp Mode: None
Flush to Zero, Denormals are Zero
VU Recs Options
Round mode: Nearest
Clamp mode: None
Flush to Zero, Denormals are Zero

# Description:

As of pcsx2-beta-791, an odd bug happens in-game while playing as a couple of characters that use bows.

Specifically Shirou and Archer's upward bow-attacks (Where an arrow is shot into the sky and rains down further in front of you depending on what button is pressed during the attack) release the projectile, only to have it come down in the OPPOSITE direction of where it should be.

Example: The projectile should land six feet in front of you, hitting the opponent, but instead, it lands six feet BEHIND you, making it useless and breaking this part of the game.

This is NOT apparent in older betas or the official release, only the latest beta as of this post has the problem.

Also, texture sometimes disappear when on a stage, the floor seems to disappear and comes back later on. Beta 720 had the God of War fix which fixed the texture problem, but it was removed in 791.

I regret I don't know what it could be in the latest beta that's causing the problem, but if something stands out to you coders that looks like it may have caused such a problem, I hope it can be fixed upon future releases.

PS: I have tried this with all hacks off, the problem still persists. I've even tried using the other Gamefixes, and etc to see if there's a fix in the settings.
Asus P5N-D | E8400 @ 3.0 GHz | 9800GT 512MB | 4GB DDR2 Memory | 500GB Hard Drive | 750W Power Supply | Vista x64bit

Sponsored links

Dude, you have to state you settings if you want support.

I have the game, I could see if it happens here too. But not right now.
.. please edit the post according to what is written here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2318.html
Oops, sorry about that.

I've edited it now, hope it helps.

Thank you.
Asus P5N-D | E8400 @ 3.0 GHz | 9800GT 512MB | 4GB DDR2 Memory | 500GB Hard Drive | 750W Power Supply | Vista x64bit
Asking for a status update. Is the problem still there in the latest beta?
No, it's gone now. Thanks, though.

EDIT:
I must have just missed the newest beta (1059). Upon deleting my .ini files and (Strangely enough) after re-configuring PCSX2 to exactly how it was before, the problem is back.

I've tried changing everything from speed hacks, to advanced settings, to plugins and even gamefixes, but the problem still persists even after using nothing but default settings!

I tried the last beta that worked, but to no avail...

Do settings change if Ioad a savestate? I was testing my changes with that since I had a save in mid-battle as the game takes about a minute just to get past the splash screens and menus... (I wish they'd add a skip function, darn it Capcom...)
The game gives me a steady 60fps otherwise with 1059. (No speedhacks, VU skip on for normal play.)

I'll write more about my current settings later, but using a Wii Browser right now to write this edit sucks.
NEVER EVER use save states to do bug reports. Seriously, thats so wrong and obnoxious to devs and people trying to help.(technically this is a bug report forum not the general forum so its even more aggregious)

The simple fact you say it works then edit to say it doesn't tells me alot.

make a new pcsx2 directory. start form scratch, DO NOT USE HACKS OR CHEATS OR CHANGE ANYTHING!

then see if its broken with up to date plugins and beta...(geez)
(04-26-2009, 08:32 PM)GuardianHX Wrote: No, it's gone now. Thanks, though.

EDIT:
I must have just missed the newest beta (1059). Upon deleting my .ini files and (Strangely enough) after re-configuring PCSX2 to exactly how it was before, the problem is back.

I've tried changing everything from speed hacks, to advanced settings, to plugins and even gamefixes, but the problem still persists even after using nothing but default settings!

I tried the last beta that worked, but to no avail...

Do settings change if Ioad a savestate? I was testing my changes with that since I had a save in mid-battle as the game takes about a minute just to get past the splash screens and menus... (I wish they'd add a skip function, darn it Capcom...)
The game gives me a steady 60fps otherwise with 1059. (No speedhacks, VU skip on for normal play.)

I'll write more about my current settings later, but using a Wii Browser right now to write this edit sucks.

I saw that bug myself. If you enter advanced options and set VU and EE to NEAREST the bug is gone. Archer now properly lays arrows with his qcb+Attack button.
Ah, that did the trick.

Thank you so much!
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved with a workaround since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)