Resolved-Workaround: [Bug Report] SSX On Tour (NTSC)
(08-25-2010, 06:40 PM)Stranger_NL Wrote: SSX On tour is still not fully playable with the latest PCSX2 I found via Twitter. But it is getting there. SSX tricky is fully playable.

Maybe I have the wrong settings, but I still have slowdowns when doing a monstertrick, Tips on how to resolve are welcome! Smile

I'll try to do this svn fix and if it works I'll upload a screenshot of my settings to see if it helps you.

btw, Thanks for the link Bositman Smile

Sponsored links

Darn... I've run into a problem...

The instructions say:
"Navigate to your C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\ directory and double click on the pcsx2_suite_2008.sln Solution file. "

But I don't have any of these folders and I've searched my computer but can't find a pcsx2_suite_2008.sln file. I have show hidden files and folders enabled and followed all the instructions up to this point.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?
You should actually complete this step first: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...ource_Code
But this is totally off-topic, use this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Windows-C...nd-Support
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ah, that makes sense, thanks! I'll use the other thread.
Have the latest SVN's installed with no errors, but still no luck. Guess we'll just have to wait for a fix.
Quick update for February 2011.

Just tested On Tour with svn 0.9.7.4282 *removed*(small fixes)[/url]. And it still slows down dramatically when doing a monster trick.

Next try in june 2011 Smile
Cya.

Sup guys!

Tested it again just now (0.9.8 r4600) and it still slows down. Ah well.
July 2011: this guy has quite a decent performance - doing a monstertrick on 1min28sec

But still - slowdowns.

See you again in about 3 months Smile
Hello Wink
i have lags when i'm doing a monster too [spec: phenom II 955 @ 3.85ghz (from what i read amd isnt so good for pcsx as such as intel Sad ); hd5770 @ 940/1378 (no, i'm not a amd fanboy, just i chose amd set because price was interesting unlike intel+nvidia Wink ; 4gB of GoodRam. pcsx2 0.9.8 (r4600) with standard emulation settings, dx11 and custom res]. From 40-50 to 10 and even below.. I saw this video from post above and i read text below video:
Quote:Speedhacks enabled
EE Cyclerate Maxed
And, in my opinion, that is why he has this minimum fps to comfort gaming when he is doing monster trick. I'll try this because i never touched speedhacks and i'll post if that improved something

sorry for my eng, i'm a Pole Wink

edit: it really helped. now, when i'm doing a monster i have 20-25fps (so it's increased 2/2.5x). It's still lagging but much less. I will play with other sh. if they help i will edit, if not, not Wink.

I have not found anything other than reduce res. I reduced res from 1680x1050 to 1280x800 and when i'm doing a monster i have 30-40fps.
Ok. New year, new computer, new PCSX2 (1.4.0) and an old game.
Core i7 3.somethingGhz DDR5 memory, GTX750 gaming thingie. Lots of memory.
The works Smile

-No- slowdowns when running DX10 hardware, d3d 1024x1024 and no anti-aliasing. Runs better then a normal PS2. But when I scale 2x of even 4x everything looks **great** and is playable.... untill I do a monstertrick Smile Then gaming comes to a complete stop (maybe 1 FPS...).

If someone knows a nice speedhack to turn the red "monstereffect" off - I could enjoy SSX On Tour on a 4K screen. Hahaha Smile

So that's the status for 2016 Smile
Happy Gaming Smile
See you next year?