Resolved-Workaround: [Bug Report] SSX On Tour (NTSC)
So this game works pretty flawlessly, with 60 FPS everywhere...except when you perform a Monster Trick (where the "Monster" text appears & executed by the diagonals). When one of those is performed, the game slows down literally to 3 fps. I'm reporting this as a bug given the following line in the sticky:

"About bugs:
- Speed issues are usually NOT a bug, unless the fluctuation is extreme (like, from 60 to 2 fps...)"

Obviously, doing these types of tricks is very crutial in reaching later levels and is just unbearable to sit through. Hopefully, this can be addressed some time - which would make this game nearly perfect!

-This occurs on all the recent PCSX2 exe's
- Default CPU options (MTGS on)
- This occurs on all the recent GSDX's (what I"m using)
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit

Sponsored links

And did you try with zerogs?

And also, you're not using speedhacks right?
(04-08-2009, 10:42 AM)Krakatos Wrote: And did you try with zerogs?

And also, you're not using speedhacks right?

Yes, no speedhacks. With them doesn't help at all either.

And Zerogs is worst, slows down to like0.5-1 FPS.
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit
I have another thing to add to this SSX On Tour bug report.

The problem with the slowdown is also in another part where it does not hinder the gameplay: at the end of a race or shred when you finish.
The same effect is applied to the screen (red filter) and that slows it down too. Very much (I tested on a intel dual core @ 3Ghz with a Radeon 4750).

I have not been able to determine what code or function lies beneath this effect - but i'm guesing it should be possible to bypass only this red-filter effect.
Maybe something for the gamefixes?

[update] Next to the Red Filter Effect there is also some sound effect (sound distortion/sound stretch). When i disable sound it speeda up the game a little; but the graphics effect is the killer in this.

I'll try to look a little more at the problem to get more details. But this is my first attempt in PS2 emulation Smile
Thumbs Down 
In this post there are hints that the extreme slowdown when doing a monster-trick in SSX on Tour is sound related (reverb effect?) and that it might be fixed with the latest beta releases. I have not been able to verify this since i have no compiling skills. Anyone have a (link to a) recent compile?

SSX on Tour does not run well with the december 2009 beta builds(I tested that just now).
But maybe the february builds work fine like the do for several other games (read more)?
We do not allow links for SVN compiles here, or give support for them. The SVN revision you linked to is a bug fix for those games, which were freezing. The issue solved was not slowdown related so most probably the issue you describe is another problem.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The issue is mostly resolved in the latest SVNs - still a little slowdown but not too bad. There is now a black box in the corner of the screen though - pretty common frame buffer glitch. Almost there! Great game!
Anyone have any info on how to use this SVN thing? SSX On Tour is the only thing I ever wanted to play on the PC so I would really appreciate it if someone would just let me know how to use the fix Smile
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...ForWindows
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-25-2010, 09:13 AM)mooseville Wrote: Anyone have any info on how to use this SVN thing? SSX On Tour is the only thing I ever wanted to play on the PC so I would really appreciate it if someone would just let me know how to use the fix Smile

SSX On tour is still not fully playable with the latest PCSX2 I found via Twitter. But it is getting there. SSX tricky is fully playable.

Maybe I have the wrong settings, but I still have slowdowns when doing a monstertrick, Tips on how to resolve are welcome! Smile