Resolved-Workaround: [Bug Report] Soul Reaver 2 [PAL]
# PCSX2 versions used:

pcsx2-v0.9.9-r4671
   pcsx2-v1.3.1-842-g1f402b1-windows-x86
   pcsx2-v1.3.1-1266-geb387e1-windows-x86
   pcsx2-v1.3.1-1282-g5f78644-windows-x86

-PCSX2 options: Defaults, changing settings does not change bug.

-Plugins used: GSdx, SPU2-X, Lilypad, cddvdGigaherz,rest null plugins

-Plugin settings: Defaults, changing settings does not change glitch.

-Description:
The game has a bug in hardware mode distorting the textures of characters and some objects when they are further away from the camera.

I saw this mentioned in a compatibility list by Destruidor described as "a imperceptible white glitch in the hair of main character" and in a comment on the wiki by Zrooney for the NTSC-U version: "The main character as well as some in game objects have dithering issues when rendered in hardware mode", in my experience this is more than imperceptible and negatively affects the experience of the game.

How to replicate: Watch cutscenes when characters are further away from camera. In gameplay just walk forward away from camera, body and hair will get glitched.

-Last known version to work: Never worked

-screenshots:
Close to camera, no issue:
[attachment=57673]
Further away from camera:
[attachment=57674]
Watch Raziel, the heads of the enemies and the doors in the background:
[attachment=57675]

Sponsored links

Might be the lack of mipmapping in the hardware renders. Try using software mode (toggle with F9) and disable mipmapping (toggle with Insert key) to see if it the issue reappears.
Can you please press the insert key while using sw renderer in a scene were hw renderer creates garbage? Do you see any change?
@Flatout

Could you also provide the GS Dump for the issues ? Thanks
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(10-20-2015, 06:45 PM)willkuer Wrote: Can you please press the insert key while using sw renderer in a scene were hw renderer creates garbage? Do you see any change?
I should've mentioned it clearer, but it is a hardware mode only issue.

I'll make GS Dump later today.
(10-21-2015, 11:59 AM)FlatOut Wrote: I should've mentioned it clearer, but it is a hardware mode only issue.

actually willkuer's idea was to verify whether the issue was due to lack of mip-mapping support, you can check on software mode by pressing Insert Key which toggles between enabled mip-map support / disabled mip-map support. if the issues is present on toggling Insert then the issue can be verified to be due to lack of mip-map support. (These are quite useful information for developers )
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(10-21-2015, 12:12 PM)ssakash Wrote: actually willkuer's idea was to verify whether the issue was due to lack of mip-mapping support, you can check on software mode by pressing Insert Key which toggles between enabled mip-map support / disabled mip-map support. if the issues is present on toggling Insert then the issue can be verified to be due to lack of mip-map support. (These are quite useful information for developers )
Sorry, I completely misread his and .r5's posts. Laugh I'll go get some coffee and check on the mip-mapping.
I've uploaded the GS Dump and I can confirm the bug turns on and off when pressing the insert key in software mode.
(10-20-2015, 06:20 PM)FlatOut Wrote: -Last known version to work: Never worked

Hmm,why I don't remember this...does the problem appear in the first cut scene when Raziel is talking to Moebius.
I'll try the game when I go home after few hours
(10-22-2015, 12:33 PM)vsub Wrote: Hmm,why I don't remember this...does the problem appear in the first cut scene when Raziel is talking to Moebius.
I'll try the game when I go home after few hours
Yes, there are few moments in that cut scene when the characters are further away from the camera where it is clearly visible.