Resolved-Workaround: [Bug Report] The Getaway: Black Monday [PAL]
# PCSX2 version: Official 1.0.0 release
# CPU options: EErec on, VUrec0 and VUrec1 on, MTGS on
# Plugins used: GSdx 5334 SSE41 (Direct 3D 10 Hardware), LilyPad r5282, SPU2-X r5324, cdvdGigaherz r4488.
# Description:
I think the shooting collisions are not working properly. When I shoot at guys behind full walls and stuff that shouldn't go through, they go through and the enemies (Or myself) can be killed.

But the biggest concern is on Chapter 12, The Wake of the Shoreditch Massacre. In a particular scene, Sam, the PC, jumps down to a boxing ring. Supposedly, you have to hide behind or under the ring using it as a cover, wait for the guard near the hallway to the locker with the dead child to go, and run there.

The problem is, I'm getting constant Mission Failures even hiding there. Can it be related to this erratic shooting collision mechanics?
"Nobody knows what's gonna happen at the end of the line, so you might as well enjoy the trip."
- Manny Calavera, Grim Fandango

Sponsored links

Probably exactly the same issue as the MicroVU bug that affects Metal Gear solid's grenade physics and AI spotting you through walls.

try setting the emulation core settings to use SuperVU instead.
I can confirm this, had same problem like, a year ago
Go to Config - Emulation settings - VUs - and enable "superVU Recompiler" to avoid this issue.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved with a workaround since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.