Resolved-Workaround: [Bug Report] ops2m demo 33 - Dakar 2 [PAL]
(10-18-2015, 02:06 AM)refraction Wrote: Is that log from running a developer build or the release build? (git versions are also release builds), i'd be curious to if this game gets a COP2 warning

I get my builds from the Orphis buildbot, I assume it's not a developer/debug build. If you want me to run through a dev one, point me to it.

Sponsored links

Give this a try, hopefully you don't need any other files

Attached Files
.7z   pcsx2-dev18010.7z (Size: 2,35 MB / Downloads: 169)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-18-2015, 02:42 AM)refraction Wrote: Give this a try, hopefully you don't need any other files

Emulation settings were on "Safest" up until the level finished loading. Then I switched to EE interpreter + cache, below should be the resulting emulog, snipped the first 180 or so lines so it starts at the hard reset boot.
I don't see any occurrence of "warning" or "COP2" in it though.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog-dev.txt (Size: 33,62 KB / Downloads: 203)
Hmm yeh I don't think the EE Interpreter + cache will help, I think the problem lies in the VU's. Have you tried the XGKick gamefix to see if that helps?

Edit: Hmm just watched the video, it could be some FPU Rounding issue, however that could just be making it worse because they are wrong Tongue I presume SuperVU makes no difference?

(10-18-2015, 03:10 AM)refraction Wrote: Hmm yeh I don't think the EE Interpreter + cache will help, I think the problem lies in the VU's.  Have you tried the XGKick gamefix to see if that helps?

Edit: Hmm just watched the video, it could be some FPU Rounding issue, however that could just be making it worse because they are wrong Tongue  I presume SuperVU makes no difference?

I'll go try the XGKick gamefix. superVU doesn't alter the bug in any way that I can see. However, in case you missed it, if I'm using the VU1 Interpreter then it'll look much worse, refer to post #9
Yeh the VU interpreter is missing a few of the fixes that MicroVU has (and possibly SuperVU), but is generally much less accurate, ironically.

Ok, just played around with the gamefixes. The XGKick gamefix didn't fix the bug. However the "FPU Negative Div Hack - For Gundam games" gamefix does repair the bug.
Thats excellent! I'm not going to add an auto gamefix for that as it's a demo disc and could break something else on the disc, but I will however make a gamedb entry which says "Must enable FPU Negative Div Hack for Dakar 2 Smile

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved with a workaround since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.