Resolved: ratchet & clank
I used pcsx2 0.9.6 and rev.1922 both run the intro FMV but can't start any of the 3 games all the same problem.
Is there an option like the game fix for tri-ace games?

ratchet 2 = going commando
ratchet 3 = up your arsenal
i tried my EU v02.00 bios

ratchet 1 has not been added to the compatability page yet but has the same problem.

also using the standard plugins except i put the speed hack on cycle x2 and changes the screen form to 16:9.

Hope i digged up an old problem since i wish to see them playable.

Greetings me

P.S. Edit

my comp :

AMD Phenom 9950 3.1 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+
4GB kingston 1066 memory
Felocity raptor disk

Edited for rules ?
i like how you treat your donators Laugh

my plugins i cant screen them so i will type them

Graphics : GSdx 1901 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15
Settings:
Resolution : Uhm does it really matter?
Renderer : Direct3D9 (hardware) (for some reason 3D10 doesnt work)
Interlacing : None because my frames are very low when i turn it on
Aspect Ratio : 16:9 or 4:3 can handle both
D3D Internal Res : 1024 1024 also tried native
SW rend. Threads : 1

Stuff i got turned on :
Texture Filtering
Logarithmic Z
Allow 8-bit Textures
Alpha Correction (FBA)
Windowed or not can do both

Sound : P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
Settings :
Volume : 2:medium (does it matter)
Reverb: 0: No reverb (fastest)
Interpolation: 2: Gaussian Interpolation (good quality)
Nothing turned on in Misc

First Controller : SSSPSX PAD Plugin Pressure Mod 1.7.0
Second Controller : SSSPSX PAD Plugin Pressure Mod 1.7.0

Cdvdrom : Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
(this one because my game is a ISO)
Settings:
Select Iso : Ratchet & Clank 1.iso
Compression Method: .Z - compress faster (never used this)?
Enable Block Dump => ''ISO name.dump'' (turned off)

Dev9 : DEV9null Driver 0.3.0

Usb : USBnull Driver 0.5.0
Setting:
Logging is off

FireWire : FWnull Driver 0.4.0
Settings:
Logging is off

Bios File: iv'e got EU V02.00 (which i own in real

Memory Cards : Only number 1 enabled

CPU : EERec - EE/IOP recompiler (need MMX/SSE)
VU0rec - enabled
VU1rec - enabled
Multi Threaded GS mode (MTGS) - Turned on i got a quad core
Frame limiting : Limit
Detailed settings :
Custom FPS limit : 50
note 1 / 2 / 3 : all 0

Patches : None because i can't find them
Game Fixes : None there arnt any

Speed Hacks : Default
Misc : escape hack turned on
Rest : the rest is turned off

Advanced :
Round Mode : Chop / Zero
Clamp Mode : Normal
Denormals are zero : turned on
Flush to Zero : Turned off

Round move 2 : Chop / Zero
Clamp Mode : Normal
Denormals are Zero : on
Other 3 options are off

That was it xD
can you link me your settings ?

Little edit : My ratchet and clank 2 is a mounted .nrg file and my ratchet and clank 3 is a normal PS2 DVD original which is a PAL. ( i own 1 and 2 as well but too badly scratched )

Sponsored links

Quote:Edited for rules ? i like how you treat your donators
....so donators don't have to follow our rules?

First you never described the problem. 'Can't start the game' doesn't say much, does it crash,does it hang,something else???
Quote:I used pcsx2 0.9.6 and rev.1922

rev 1922 is an UNOFFICIAL build which we won't support here. Use r 1888 which you can find from our download section.

Quote:My ratchet and clank 2 is a mounted .nrg

You're not supposed to be mounting the image and running it, you're supposed to directly run the image with the Linuz ISO plugin. If you want to use Gigaherz CDVD or PeoPs CDVD use the original discs and read from your drive.

Quote:Game Fixes : None there arnt any
What do you mean? Game fixes menu is at Configure->Game fixes, you can't see that? Or you mean there aren't any for these games? (which is correct)

Quote:Renderer : Direct3D9 (hardware) (for some reason 3D10 doesnt work)

What do you mean doesn't work? Are you using XP,Vista or Windows 7? If you're using the last 2, you should be able to use it unless you haven't updated your DirectX.

Quote:Sound : P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0

SPU2-X is recommended for maximum compatibility
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-22-2009, 12:45 PM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:Edited for rules ? i like how you treat your donators
....so donators don't have to follow our rules?

First you never described the problem. 'Can't start the game' doesn't say much, does it crash,does it hang,something else???
Quote:I used pcsx2 0.9.6 and rev.1922

rev 1922 is an UNOFFICIAL build which we won't support here. Use r 1888 which you can find from our download section.

Quote:My ratchet and clank 2 is a mounted .nrg

You're not supposed to be mounting the image and running it, you're supposed to directly run the image with the Linuz ISO plugin. If you want to use Gigaherz CDVD or PeoPs CDVD use the original discs and read from your drive.

Quote:Game Fixes : None there arnt any
What do you mean? Game fixes menu is at Configure->Game fixes, you can't see that? Or you mean there aren't any for these games? (which is correct)

Quote:Renderer : Direct3D9 (hardware) (for some reason 3D10 doesnt work)

What do you mean doesn't work? Are you using XP,Vista or Windows 7? If you're using the last 2, you should be able to use it unless you haven't updated your DirectX.

Quote:Sound : P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0

SPU2-X is recommended for maximum compatibility

thanks bosit i can do something with this info

i got r.1922 just by going on google and typing pcsx2 so i'm sorry for that i downloaded 1888 now.

hmm ok i didn't know i could mount the .nrg with iso sorry again (never used nrg very much) my original dvds are so badly scratched that they can't be read anymore otherwise i wouldn't have to download them which really sucked cuz they cost me 30 euro's each.

Game fixes: none for ratchet & clank i only see 2 fixes in 0.9.6.

when i turn on the 3d10 plugin and start the game pcsx2 just hangs very randomly nothing starts ( i got vista x32 SP2 official licensed and updated )

Ok i put it back on SPU2-X i used peop because i was trying everything to get the game working.

i got another problem though
Graphics plugin GDdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.14 does not work because my core doesn't support it lol ? i got the newest Phenom X4 (the newer versions are Phenom II x4 both versions are quad with almost the same drivers. is AMD supported?
*Sigh* You must stop mentioning downloaded games here. Even if you do own the actual discs, downloading them from the internet (even if it's the same exact version) is illegal. So I'll be nice and just give you support for your original disc.

Have you updated your directX to the August 2009 update? http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/detai...2D8712D553&displaylang=en

AMD only supports up to SSE2, so you can't use the SSSE3 or SSE4 versions of GSdx.

You still didn't describe the problem.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-22-2009, 02:21 PM)Bositman Wrote: *Sigh* You must stop mentioning downloaded games here. Even if you do own the actual discs, downloading them from the internet (even if it's the same exact version) is illegal. So I'll be nice and just give you support for your original disc.

Have you updated your directX to the August 2009 update? http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/detai...laylang=en

AMD only supports up to SSE2, so you can't use the SSSE3 or SSE4 versions of GSdx.

You still didn't describe the problem.

yes i downloaded the august 2009 update though do you prefer me using hardware or software option?

ok that sucks for amd Sad

the problem is that after all the intro FMVs in the games the game just hangs there
R&C 1 = black screen after intro fmv no space ship flying
R&C 2 = Game hangs after intro FMV (which includes the little space ship flying to Aranos
R&C 3 = same as 1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.