Resolved
OK so I just started using Pcsx2, and my first game I got for it was Dot hack GU Volume 1. I just finished beating the game. I saved to the in game memory card just fine. Everything is working properly.

But when I got Dot hack GU volume 2, booted it up, it says there isn't anything on the memory card. I want to be able to play my previous save file from the first volume. Since you can keep your items etc from the first volume and transfer them over to the second volume after you have the clear data save file. I know its still there because I can reboot volume 1 and the save file is still there.

Can anyone help me step by step to be able to import the save file to the next game?

Sponsored links

(02-22-2014, 07:05 PM)Tachyon Wrote: OK so I just started using Pcsx2, and my first game I got for it was Dot hack GU Volume 1. I just finished beating the game. I saved to the in game memory card just fine. Everything is working properly.

But when I got Dot hack GU volume 2, booted it up, it says there isn't anything on the memory card. I want to be able to play my previous save file from the first volume. Since you can keep your items etc from the first volume and transfer them over to the second volume after you have the clear data save file. I know its still there because I can reboot volume 1 and the save file is still there.

Can anyone help me step by step to be able to import the save file to the next game?

Are both games from the same region?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(02-22-2014, 08:12 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: Are both games from the same region?

Yes I got them together, but to be sure how do I check it? It has (USA) on both of them.
(02-22-2014, 08:13 PM)Tachyon Wrote: Yes I got them together, but to be sure how do I check it? It has (USA) on both of them.

top of the fps bar or in emulog its shows your game region ! Like ntsc u or pal!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
should be written on the staircase ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ok so I noticed my Bios was on a Europe console. I switched it to USA. Does it affect it at all?

Emulator says Ntsc -u
Is there anything else that could be the problem? (sorry Im impatient, I've been trying for two days to make this thing work.)
The BIOS will have zero affect on the game, if you downloaded the USA BIOS please delete it as it is illegal.

as for your issue it should work, i would suggest looking it up on gaming forums or something, there's no reason why it shouldn't work if you're using the same memory card
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-22-2014, 08:49 PM)refraction Wrote: The BIOS will have zero affect on the game, if you downloaded the USA BIOS please delete it as it is illegal.

as for your issue it should work, i would suggest looking it up on gaming forums or something, there's no reason why it shouldn't work if you're using the same memory card

I've tried looking it up, I can't find it. I probably would not have signed up on this forum if I could find it. I just want to access the memory card data over the two games on pcsx2. Not using my ps2 at all. I can't use my ps2 to play the games, so the emulator is the only choice I got. I want to be able to import my save from Game 1 to Game 2. For some reason it won't let me do that.
Ok got it to work, thanks though.