Richard Burns Rally disk- Not recognised
Richard Burns Rally disk- Not recognised

Hi, probably a stupid newby type question, but i cant get the emulator to "see" the above mentioned disk. The emulator boots up fine, and the normal ps2 opening screen appears [browser/sys conf], but no booting of the game occurs. This is a genuine ps2 game disk, and currently works on my ps2, so its safe to reckon the disk is fine. I have tried using both the Linuz ISO and the CdVdgigahertz option, to no avail.

I have tried to burn an ISO of the disk using infraburn and imgburn, neither of which would "see" the disk either, saying "device not ready, no disk in drive", and refuse to burn anything.

Im using xp, on a dual core E2500 intel 4gbRam, standard DVD drive PC, any tips on what im doing wrong would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Lev

Sponsored links

Any kind of error in the log window when that happens?

Try making an ISO from your disk with ImgBurn, don't mount it anywhere and load it with PCSX2's internal loader ("CDVD > Iso Selector > Browse..." and select the iso you made with imgburn). Also try running it with the "System > Boot CDVD (Fast)" option if you've been using the full one.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks for the speedy reply,
Quote:I have tried to burn an ISO of the disk using infraburn and imgburn, neither of which would "see" the disk either, saying "device not ready, no disk in drive", and refuse to burn anything.

still not recognising disk,

I will try your other suggestions, thanks

Quote:don't mount it anywhere and

Not sure what you mean by this, doesnt XP mount the disk when you put it in the drive?
In that case if not even windows can recognize the disc you should try making the ISO in another drive or computer.
Thanks, for some reason, my main PC's drive didnt pick it up, but the other PC has, making ISO as i type, thanks again
I have it working, YEEHAW!!

This game is not on the compatibily list i noticed, does that list still get updated?
(10-06-2011, 10:45 AM)leevviiJ Wrote: I have it working, YEEHAW!!

This game is not on the compatibily list i noticed, does that list still get updated?

Only if we have the game Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Its one of the early rally games, ...simulator actually [as they state], very difficult to drive, and no "point and steer" mode, i just adore it, and never felt the need to buy any other rally games. That said, i dont think it was a big seller, though there seems to be a small fanbase at a few places around the net.

Its nearly a full dvd ISO size [4Gb ISO], so emailing it to ya is a 3 month tas at my uload speed LOL
It would also be illegal so i cannot accept ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

You can always take a couple screenshots and post your report in the videos/screenshots videos or update the wiki with the info:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...ideos-here
http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Main_Page