08-30-2005, 10:51 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016, 02:16 AM by refraction.)
gametitle=Ridge Racer V [SCES 50000] (E)
comment= patches by Nachbrenner
// disable foreground 3D on car selection
// disable background 3D on car selection
//skip VU0 Matrices (3D car select)
//patch=0,EE,00201540,word,03e00008 // ingame
//skip FlushCache before VU0 Sub/Scale/Copy Vector
11-14-2016, 01:37 AM
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2016, 02:45 PM by FlatOut.)
CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD6000
Build Description: PCSX2 1.5.0 - 1593
If other please specify: N/A
BIOS Used: Europe v02.00
EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop
Speedhacks Used: none
Gamefixes Used: None
Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game): Medium
- Game runs smoothly with Direct3D Hardware renderers, but some parts of the track cause slowdown with OpenGL Hardware renderer starting at 2x native, with the GS percentage rising to 100%.
- During the start of a race with all cars nearby, there is also slowdown with Direct3D Hardware renderers starting at 3x native. EE and GS percentages remain at a stable 50% though. Disabling "Large Framebuffer" helps.
- In Hardware mode a top left corner issue obscures the intro cutscene, the FMV parts of the intro are displayed correctly. There's no known solution, temporarily switch to Software mode with the F9 key during the intro.
- In Hardware mode and native scaling set to 2x or higher, lines on the start screen and main menu are too thin and the dancing girl in the middle of the screen is cut down the middle in width. Solution: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, set the Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)", click "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and enable the "Unscale Point Line" hack.
- In Hardware mode and native scaling set to 2x or higher menu and HUD items have gaps/lines running along it. Solution: Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, set the Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)", click "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and enable the "Wild Arms Offset" hack. Some horizontal lines will remain above or below a few of the items.
- With all renderers, car shadows are white and flash on and off, and stretch in height from the ground to the car(clearly noticeable when the car is in the air during a jump). There is no known solution.
- In Hardware mode car textures are distorted and move about during races. There's no known solution, use Software mode instead.
- With Direct3D Hardware renderers reflections on the cars are only visible as bars moving accross the length of the car while driving. There's no known solution for the Direct3D (Hardware) renderers. Go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, and set Renderer to "OpenGL (Hardware)" or one of the "(Software)" options.