Right analog stick problem
Hello there, I've been reading the controller configuration guides and I still can't find an answer to my problem. Basically it works like this. I configure my controller but for some reason, the right analog stick gets bound to the main buttons(circle, square, etc.). So for example, when playing Final Fantasy where the triangle key is the menu button, pressing up on the right analog will open the menu. This is pretty infuriating as in some games that stick is needed to move the camera. I tried monkeying around with lock input, direction, etc., but nothing seems to stop this multiple button/stick binding.

Sponsored links

If you mapped anything to "analog" key and pressed it, left analog will work as d-pad and right as square, triangle, circle and X, soo press the analog button once more, and probably best just unbind it as it's not really needed. If that's not the case, then I'm not sure, couse I have logitech, but it could also be a case of cheap pad working strange;P.
(06-12-2012, 04:27 PM)miseru99 Wrote: If you mapped anything to "analog" key and pressed it, left analog will work as d-pad and right as square, triangle, circle and X, soo press the analog button once more, and probably best just unbind it as it's not really needed. If that's not the case, then I'm not sure, couse I have logitech, but it could also be a case of cheap pad working strange;P.

You're talking about in the pad config menu? I did see that key but I don't remember binding it. I assume that refers to the analog key on the pad itself, which I rarely use. Although curiously, when I press that button on the pad, it disables the analog sticks entirely.

I'll try to monkey around with that a bit more though.
Oh soo you have the analog key on the pad itself, well I would then guess that you probably had it activated while binding the keys and when you were pressing analogs other buttons were actually seen by lilypad;P. If you pressed that "analog" key on your pad now and they stopped doing anything go into lilypad config and bind analogs again.
(06-12-2012, 05:37 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Oh soo you have the analog key on the pad itself, well I would then guess that you probably had it activated while binding the keys and when you were pressing analogs other buttons were actually seen by lilypad;P. If you pressed that "analog" key on your pad now and they stopped doing anything go into lilypad config and bind analogs again.

Well I didn't have the analog key on(it has a light) when binding things if that's what you meant.
Good news- I tried dicking around with the analog key and it worked. Now I just have to do something about this occasional slow-down.
(06-12-2012, 04:27 PM)miseru99 Wrote: the analog button *snip*, and probably best just unbind it as it's not really needed.
There are some games where it REALLY helps to have it mapped. Analog was wonky in the beginning, so it was constantly having to be reactivated. (even some newer ones have issues)
Well I posted that before knowing op pad had analog key and for pads which doesn't have it, it IS completely useless and that's why I wrote what I did;]. People can still bind it to some custom keys and if they dunno what it does it can cause problems at most. For pc it's usually a better choice(often cheaper if the pads are abused and will break sooner than later) to get a good pad which directly connects to pc than getting a converter for old ds2's;].

Bad pads also die young especially when they're faulty and irritating and pretty much there couldn't be more irritating thing than controller randomly stopped working during play. Instruction what to do - throw at the wall and get a new one, never happened to me through, have no clue what games you ment or even if it could happen in PCSX2 as there are "slight and hard to notice" differences between emulation and ps2:].
(06-12-2012, 09:57 PM)miseru99 Wrote: have no clue what games you ment or even if it could happen in PCSX2 as there are "slight and hard to notice" differences between emulation and ps2:].

I'll give you one example, all SEVEN games.
.hack//

if analog is disabled (which it sometimes does) you cannot move, and if you do get to move the camera won't change. and you're pressing buttons that don't exist. If you trip the internals a certain way. (I think R3, analog off, was exit the game or something like that. very unnerving consequences)
And in the tutorials on those games,you are supposed to move the camera with the right analog,otherwise the game will just wait and you won't be able to continue.

I think FF12 tutorial also requires moving the camera before continuing.