Right half of screen missing?
Hi I'm not very tech savvy and I just started using this emulator. The first game I tried to load up using it was Champions of Norrath. I loaded it up using an ISO and version 1.0.0 and for one reason or another the right half of my screen is missing once I get past the Playstation 2 logo on startup. I can get to the main menu of the game, and then my fps drops from 60 to 5 and I still only have half of my screen. Any ideas? Should I go back to an older version of the emulator or what?

EDIT: I got the half of my screen to work, but now some of the graphics are messed up, the sound doesn't come out quite right, it's slow and tinny. My fps is at 60 in load screens and out of the in-game menu. However at the main menu I drop down to 4-5fps and in-game as seen on this screenshot i average 20fps

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

will work only in software mode (F9 key)
but you'll need a strong CPU to handle this...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
After tinkering with the HW hacks and extra rendering threads, setting each to 3 the fps does improve, but the graphics are still messed up just like the screenshot. Is it just a graphics card memory limitation? (I am running it in software mode btw)

EDIT: I figure I should provide my specs as per instructions in other threads.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Memory: 6gb RAM
Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics 3000 Min graphics memory: 64mb Max graphics memory: 1696mb
i should have mentioned that software mode will render the game correctly only in latest SVNs, not latest stable.
(01-28-2013, 07:09 AM)jesalvein Wrote: i should have mentioned that software mode will render the game correctly only in latest SVNs, not latest stable.

Is there a simpler method to getting the 'latest SVN' (forgive me I don't know what a SVN is im a newbie) other than following this guide I found on the forums that I understand 0% of?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Compile-Guide
Don't have to compile anything on your own, just download automatic build from here.
FANTASTIC! The graphics and textures are completely fixed! The only issue I can see now is fps rates. I'm averaging 20fps in-game and the sound accompanies the fps, as expected. Do you guys have a suggestion on how to improve fps further? I can't thank you enough for all the help you've given me already.
you can set extra rendering threads to 3 in gsdx configuration, and experiment with speedhacks.
but it's highly possible you won't reach playable speeds with that CPU
I have been experimenting over the last hour and it looks like my max fps in-game with many NPCs around is ~40, which is slow, but still playable. Thanks a lot you guys, I'll just lurk around the forums and try to find my own solutions. You've been a great help, can't thank you enough.
I am having the same issue as Rafke. My in-game frames are very low. The only difference is I am using a very powerful machine that should be able to handle the game just fine.
AMD fx8320 eight core processor 3.6GHz
nVidia GTX 550ti SLI
16GB RAM
250GB intel SSD
Windows 8
I can run any brand new game at ultra graphics but I cant run champions of norrath past 40 frames? Please help! I have enabled all of the speed hacks and still don't get above 40 frames.