Ripping textures with texmod works...
Ripping textures with texmod works, but they've been either glitchy or not the right colors so far with kingdom hearts. But there appears to be the proper texture behind it when you switch through textures in preview mode... I did get one proper texture, but don't remember if it showed proper in the preview.

Also, you can't insert a package to replace a texture temporarily with texmod. You get the message "D'oh".

So... Anyone know how to get past the error and allow texmod to open pcsx2 with the package on? Or anyone have any idea's about getting rid of the texture over top of the proper texture?

Texmod does properly work with a dreamcast emulator too btw.

Sponsored links

i dont get an error on God of War^^

[Image: 9332dm7c.png]
My PC:
Intel i7 920 @ 4010 Mhz
2x 2 GB Dual-DDR 3 @ 1200 Mhz
NVIDIA GTX 260 @ (GPU/Shader/RAM) 640/1380/1000 Mhz
2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 at Raid0
Ohhh, I forgot to post that the error message "D'oh" is from a firewall or virus scanner. Figured that out and felt a little stupid. Haha... I ripped out a texture fine, and got past the D'oh message, but the texture wasnt changed in game... =/ I will have to try out some other games then, thanks for confirmation that it works to an extent =P

Anyone gonna start working on high res texture packs? xD
Hm, a lot of textures don't rip from the game. Like I could get the logo out of DarkCloud and edit it, also erased some of it with alpha channel. Heres the screenshot... [Image: 22222222.jpg]

Anyways, the textures seem to come out in a dif color when ripped, and when you insert it it will be a dif color too... Like that logo I edited was blue, not gold-ish... >_>

Anyone can figure out the reason why it does this? ;o NullDC dreamcast emulator rips and inserts fine with texmod, dunno if thats any help to figure anything out at all.
PS2 does not need to store textures in extact coloring, even more, it's not to clever if you think about memory -- colors better be stored in less bitmode's and then be improved from several effects. Usually bright colors does not store as-is, but produced in Alpha Fail test. There is a lot of tricks.
Hey, that's a nifty program. Smile I just tried it on Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3. Texmod counts the number of textures but in the output folder, where I save them, all I see are BMPs/JPEGs(etc.) either white/black or with just a line. In other words - no textures. I'm using Pcsx2 0.9.6. Does this mean that the problem is in the game? Huh

edit: OK. I set GSdx to Software rendering and this is what I got:

[Image: swinerhog.th.png]

I think the screenshot is pretty self-explantory. The real issue is that in software mode Texmod does nothing more that taking screenshots. Not only that but it detects only 1 texture. Strange. I wonder, could a different version of pcsx2 give other results. I'll have to check.
(02-05-2010, 03:50 PM)Sasuke Wrote: Hey, that's a nifty program. Smile I just tried it on Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3. Texmod counts the number of textures but in the output folder, where I save them, all I see are BMPs/JPEGs(etc.) either white/black or with just a line. In other words - no textures. I'm using Pcsx2 0.9.6. Does this mean that the problem is in the game? Huh

edit: OK. I set GSdx to Software rendering and this is what I got:

[Image: swinerhog.th.png]

I think the screenshot is pretty self-explantory. The real issue is that in software mode Texmod does nothing more that taking screenshots. Not only that but it detects only 1 texture. Strange. I wonder, could a different version of pcsx2 give other results. I'll have to check.

Hm, i've only seen it work with few games and few textures. Others are like you explained with Naruto.

Hopefully someone will figure something out eventually. Good luck trying to figure some things out. I really have no clue. >.<