Rock Band 1 Crash / Not Responding after intro movie - Fixed
I couldn't find a fix for this anywhere, so I thought I'd post the solution I found.

Game Fixes > "Switch to GSdx software rendering when a FMV plays" was the problem. This crashes Rock Band 1.
Disable it, and if that doesn't help you, disable the rest of the game fixes too.

Sponsored links

It's disabled by default. and it's listed as compatible anyways.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Maybe RAM related...
(10-23-2014, 10:39 AM)willkuer Wrote: Maybe RAM related...

I doubt it. There seems to be just some games that trigger a crash when that fix is enabled. It seems to be entirely random too.

I had the same fix running with Grandia 3 and it would work fine in one cutscene, but in another cutscene it would just straight out crash PCSX2.
And I know for sure my RAM isn't an issue as each stick was tested individually coming up with 0 errors.

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories also needs to make use of this gamefix, and it works flawlessly there. So I'm not sure what causes it exactly.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(10-22-2014, 07:02 PM)CptBrian Wrote: I couldn't find a fix for this anywhere, so I thought I'd post the solution I found.

Game Fixes > "Switch to GSdx software rendering when a FMV plays" was the problem. This crashes Rock Band 1.
Disable it, and if that doesn't help you, disable the rest of the game fixes too.

well never had this problem and its compatible at the latest revs anyway...
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction