Rogue Galaxy -- 2D item sprites degradation
Question 
Tried to see if anyone else already posted about this, with no luck searching 2d, sprites, Rogue Galaxy.

Up until today 5/23/13 I was playing Rogue Galaxy on the 1.0.0 r5350 stable release, no real problems. Decided to install the latest svn r5641 and noticed that the 2d sprites for items in the game have somehow become rougher and uglier in general, as if the rendering of them has actually decreased somehow along the way.

Using GSdx 5632 SSE2 0.1.16
--Was using whatever is in the current stable build, SSE2 (need to upgrade my CPU n.nWink

DSX11 hardware rendering --- I'm trying to figure out if there was a new setting added between the stable build and this one that might be causing the issue but I'm having no luck sorting through the revision lists. Anyone have any idea why that happened/if it can be restored?

I'll post screenshots if necessary. The difference is very noticeable.

Thanks you. Smile

Sponsored links

Yes, screenshots would be most welcome, since i can't see any problems at all on my part.
(05-25-2013, 03:34 AM)Coornio Wrote: Yes, screenshots would be most welcome, since i can't see any problems at all on my part.

I would, but on further inspection what I realized is that the quality of the graphics emulation increased, which makes the lower quality pixelation of the item graphics more stark than they were previously. So nothing really to see. Thank you anyway. ^_^
(05-26-2013, 09:50 PM)Osmedirez Wrote: I would, but on further inspection what I realized is that the quality of the graphics emulation increased, which makes the lower quality pixelation of the item graphics more stark than they were previously. So nothing really to see. Thank you anyway. ^_^

Oh, before this thread dies: If you put GSdx's texture filtering on full, it will improve the quality of all sprites so they won't look so damn pixelated without losing quality.

On another note: Is it normal that in HW mode the background of blue text boxes is a gradient which is reduced to transparency at left and right while in SW mode it is completely solid?
(05-27-2013, 10:11 AM)Coornio Wrote: Oh, before this thread dies: If you put GSdx's texture filtering on full, it will improve the quality of all sprites so they won't look so damn pixelated without losing quality.

On another note: Is it normal that in HW mode the background of blue text boxes is a gradient which is reduced to transparency at left and right while in SW mode it is completely solid?

Idk about the second one but I did notice that on p3 fes the sprites in chat looked alot better with it fully marked when I was testing it out a few weeks ago
CPU: Core i7 3610QM 2.30GHz (Turbo up to 3.10GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670m 3gb
RAM: 16gb ddr3
[Image: images.jpg]