Rogue Galaxy Configuration
Alright I have been snooping around and I couldn't really find some solid config settings for rogue galaxy that fix most of the in game issues. After doing some experimenting of my own I thought I would share all my config settings that have fixed all the problems I have heard about besides random crashes after losing.

The version of my PCSX2 is 1.2.1
straight from the website no experimental build

my specs are as follows so you can compare your system to mine if a problem persists

Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 8161 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 2.792 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 1f9ae3bf
x86EFlags = 28100000

You can find this information in the emuLog.txt
emuLog.txt is in the log folder of your PCSX2 Instillation

the settings I have been using are as follows

I am using the GSDX10 plugin (( Direct3d11(hardware) ))
using GSDX9 plugin (( Direct3d9 (hardware) )) has resulted in strange texture errors although not game breaking most of the time, not extensively tested on my end

using software emulation seems to lower the resolution of all textures in the game making it one big blur and if you ask me unplayable though this does fix the annoying grey text problem on most menu and tool tips in the game.

I have been using 3x Native resolution because lower textures make my eyes hurt and anything higher seems to give texture errors. using eight bit textures makes little or no difference, however I see difference between Texture filtering being off or on, the half settings seems to make no difference between that and totally on. I have the sprite hardware hack turned on half setting, not sure if this actually is doing anything and I should really test it more on my end. I have not experimented with shade boosting but I do not think this will cause problems. lastly to fix most if not all of the texture errors I have set skipdraw to 7, setting it lower removes things you really don't want removed like the first capital character on cut-scene subtitles, or making a strange flow around everything at certain segments of the game or cut-scenes, if I remember correctly though is that this also removes the glow from chests and perhaps other in game elements that are meant to be there.

The train track issue everyone has been having I resolved, changing the VU round mode to postive stops your characters from walking on top of the map and flying for no reason, I have the clamping mode on VU set to extra, and the clamping mode on EE/IOP set to extra+reserve sign, I dont know if this actually fixes anything but nothing has broken for a good hour into the game besides the game crashing on defeat once and awhile.

enabled Speed Hacks as follows:
INTC Spin Detection
Wait Loop

mVU Flag Hack
MTVU ( Multi-Threaded microVU1)

EE Cyderate = 0
VU Cycle Stealing = 0

Edit: (Forgot sound plugin settings)
I am using SPU2-X

Interpolation: 4Catmull-Rom

Disable Effects Processing is Unchecked
Use the de-alias filter is Unchecked

Module: 2 - DirectSound
Volume = 100%
Latency = 201 ms(avg)

Synchronizing Mode: Time Stretch
Note: Setting the game to time stretch instead of Asynch fixed
weird blips I was hearing inside the game that may still be
present by this is a nice way to cover it up if your having
that issue

Advanced settings you will have to toy with on your own because of variable speed effects, just keep moving the slider till you get something that sounds nice and don't worry if you make it sound worse than the default because there is a nifty button to set it back.

if anyone has done further testing or could explain some of what I have done better I would be appreciative, also it would be nice if someone could tell me if I posted this in the right place.

Thank you, for reading. I hope this was helpful in someway.

Sponsored links

Thanks for taking the time to post this!
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Thank you for posting this. It really helped me a whole lot.

I couldnt get native x3 to work on mine. As soon as I set it it slowed the game down heaps. I think my pc just couldnt handle it. I got the same specs as you but looks like you got more ram. But wow did that make the graphics 10x better. Might invest in more ram so I can use native x3. I set everything else the same as yours but how did you get rid of the grey text?
(05-14-2015, 12:48 PM)Ultimate_Chrisi Wrote: Thank you for posting this. It really helped me a whole lot.

I couldnt get native x3 to work on mine. As soon as I set it it slowed the game down heaps. I think my pc just couldnt handle it. I got the same specs as you but looks like you got more ram. But wow did that make the graphics 10x better. Might invest in more ram so I can use native x3. I set everything else the same as yours but how did you get rid of the grey text?
Ok I jist worked out how to get rid of grey text. I changed to gsdx10 software not hardware
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go