Rogue Galaxy Graphical Glitch
That game has some glitches but can run in hardware mode all the time. Sadly I don't remember the exact values but skipdraw resolves the issue on flashback videos, something between 1 and 6. But be aware it will make the first letter in subtitles disappear so is not really a solution but a possible workaround to allow watching the flashback with reasonable speed.

Have only the skipdraw, pause the emulation as soon the flashback is to start and activate the HW hacks, deactivate once it is over. There is a reasonable number of flashbacks but not so much and at long intervals most of times.

Try removing the allow 8 bits textures also, it works well and is needed with some games and breaks things on another.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

Ok, so after playing with the settings a little bit I solved some things.
Half-checking texture filtering seems to have fixed the glowing in-game completely without losing much quality and speed, but the weird glowing (the screen getting bright, which makes it blurry) during cutscenes still remain.

Bty this graphical glitch happens when the camera zooms out during a cutscene, it does not happen while the camera is zoomed in to the characters.
(04-29-2013, 09:18 PM)Portgas D Ace Wrote: And can I solve this problem on hardware mode with hacks or something?

sorry i didn't said HW hacks only work in hardware mode.
i mean that if u want to use hardware mode,enable HW hacks-configure & tick Alpha,Sprite,Half-pixel Offset,wild arms Offset.
choose direct3d9 Hardware-untick alpha corrction (FBA)

also try skipdraw values between 1-3 Smile
Yeah even if it solves my problem, I didn't try yet since I'm not near a cutscene currently, turning dx9 on makes my fps drop from a steady 60fps to 30fps. So is there a way to make the emu run faster on dx9? If not I won't be able to use this solution assuming it works of course.
So after solving the speed issue, apparently pcsx2 was using my integrated gpu's processor the whole time... (yeah I just realized)
Now after changing the standard gpu in Nvidia control panel I can actually run Rogue Galaxy in 1080p with no lag Laugh

Now about the problem, I changed all the settings like you described and it actually got worse. By worse I mean objects like buildings, walls etc. start to glow with dx9 during gameplay (i.e. ingame).
Like I said before half checking texture processing with dx11(hardware) seems to solve all graphical glitches during gameplay whith minimal quality loss, but the graphical glitches in the cutscenes remain. I think dx11 is my best option, but what HW-hacks should I use to reduce the glowing during cutscenes if I'm using dx11?
If they not working in dx9,use them in dx11 which i listed above !!
Here are some pictures to make things clear.

This is with my settings:
Dx11
Texture processing half checked
Allow 8-bit textures checked
No HW-hacks

As you can see no graphical glitches in-game, but the ones in the cutscenes remain. (I don't have a picture with the graphical glitch during cutscenes currently)

[Image: DX11-mysetup_zpsb5e38c95.png]

This is with your settings:

[Image: DX9-yoursetup_zpsecdefbc9.png]

Now the picture isn't really clear, but you should be able to see those glowing white lines around objects. (it's a lot more visible in the game)

OK, I'll try that and I will take a picture of the problem if it's still there.
I tried what you said, it didn't work. (kinda made it worse)
Thank you for the effort of trying to help though. Personally I'm giving up. I tried everything, nothing seems to work. I guess the emu can't run Rogue Galaxy with upscaled graphics without graphical glitches.
Oh i see,then with u'r settings.no graphical glitch ingame.only in cutscenes.
Then u can try to enable manual game fixes by going to emulation settings-Game fixes-tick switch to software mode when a Fmv plays & u're ready to go (Note-this option is available only in newer svn builds)
Forgive me if my settings made u'r game worse Tongue2
i read these settings from wiki guide of rogue galaxy for pcsx2.
Google pcsx2 rogue galaxy wiki guide & u'll see it in first link !!
to make sure that the option above is available download the latest version here :

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.p...indows-x86