Rogue Galaxy (NTSC) freezes.
Ok i played this game and all worked well till now.
I just passed that battle with SEED and after that cutscene(the one after the battle) the game freezes with a black screen. has anyone advanced more than this?
I tried EVERY combination of speedhacks/clampmodes/roundmodes/even different revs of GSDX.

Using rev2186 pcsx2-legacy.

Sponsored links

I had the same problem last year ... it's not cause of the game or the emulator, the problem ist that it's an 8gb DVD or Image and after the first fight with seed the Emulator wants to load the "second DVD" ( aka the other 4 gb of the DVD cause "DVD 1 " Ends with the fight against Seed.). You need to make an Image of the game and patch it with Toxic DL patch ( or patcher ) ... A tip: i tried id with the mdf image of alcohol but i didnt work ... try to patch the iso or nrg (nero image which i used and it worked). after that the game should work properly after the fight with Seed in the desert.
Windows 7 64 Bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.4 ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 1066MHZ RAM in Dual Channel
Latest SVN has dual layer games (including this) fixed, so no need for that kind of patches and workarounds. There is no public beta with this fix although so you'll have to get the source and compile it yourself for now.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Not to jack your thread or anything, but did you have any problems with Vedan the first time you went there? I can't seem to get myself over to Angela's Bar, every time I go into the square or plaza that the bar is in, my character starts spontaneously skipping and shoots through the "roof" of the game a few seconds later. I wouldn't mind if I eventually came down, but up there I can't do anything except walk around, forcing me to restart. I've already explored the rest of the town and the bar plaza is the only area that I get the bug in.

I'm playing the PAL version of the game, so that might have something to do with it, but any input would be appreciated.
(12-09-2009, 03:10 PM)Kaigan Wrote: Not to jack your thread or anything, but did you have any problems with Vedan the first time you went there? I can't seem to get myself over to Angela's Bar, every time I go into the square or plaza that the bar is in, my character starts spontaneously skipping and shoots through the "roof" of the game a few seconds later. I wouldn't mind if I eventually came down, but up there I can't do anything except walk around, forcing me to restart. I've already explored the rest of the town and the bar plaza is the only area that I get the bug in.

I'm playing the PAL version of the game, so that might have something to do with it, but any input would be appreciated.

Yes i got that too but i fixed it by entering and exiting the menu.
@Bositman: I tried with pcsx-WX too but it didn't work.
L.E: I think i did something wrong when i made the image is it supposed to have only 3.14 GB?!?
You wouldn't need just any revision, you need anything newer than r2264 where the issue got fixed.
Uh if your image is that small there are 2 possibilities: 1) You somehow created a bad ISO image, in which case you should redo it with a proper program ( like imgburn which is totally free too) 2) You pirated the game in which case we won't give you support (and it's probably a bad pirate rip)
I was using ImgBurn to make it (i make all my iso's with it) but i found the problem, stupid ol'me forgot that this DVD-ROM Drive i have now (my old DVD-RW one died) doesn't read Dual Layer DVD's so it read only the first layer when I created the iso image.
I just made an iso of it on my other computer (it has a DVD DL reading capability XD) and the problem went away.
Thank you for your help all and sorry for failing that miserably Smile ;

P.S: I don't pirate any games cause they are really cheap here (for me at least);
Good to know. Also to correct what I said before, I just checked it on Wikipedia and it seems there are 2 versions of the game released: The normal version which is a single layer DVD5 disc and the Director's Cut version which is a dual layer DVD9 disc