Rogue Galaxy Text Color
Hey all I didn't see anything about this in my searches so feel free to link me if I'm just blind.

At any rate I'm playing RG (US) and I'm noticing that a lot of the text (memcard notice, ability menu in combat, location data in main menu, etc.) are not their usual white but look like they're greyed out. This would ordinarily be something I just write off as somewhat annoying but when in combat it basically looks like I can't use abilities or items due to everything looking the same color as it would be if it were unavailable. I'm running D3D11 in hardware mode on default settings to get around the black box issue that happens with some equipment. D3D9 doesn't seem to solve it either if that matters.

I'm also noticing a lot more texture fail (moving water on Juraika was the most evident) than I normally do on emulations. Is this just a product of RG being more demanding or are there settings I need to be tweaking?

Sponsored links

what if you press f9 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
No change, other than dragging my FPS into the toilet.
Care to post a screenshot of the problem ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I believe it's common for this game on PCSX2.
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
I believe you are using an older version of pcsx2 because i play the same game right now with PCSX2 1.3.0 Git (549) to be more specific and i didnt had any of the problems you mentioned.
I'm using also default settings plus custom resolution 1920x1080 & MTVU speed hack.
So far the only bugs i've noticed was some minor glitches from upscaling. The black & white cutscenes are broken and you can only see them in software mode.
Also at planet Vedan in the mining town of Myna there is a bug that can ruin your game. Your character may fall under the floor and then appear at the top of the city and stuck in the air outside the 3d model of city. Sometimes he just start jumping.You can partially fix this issue by changing VU round mode to Nearest temporary so you can finish this area but this also create some holes in the floor in a few places around the map so you have to switch back and forth sometimes (between nearest and Chop / Zero).
http://imgur.com/tFCMa0H
http://imgur.com/ZSwdQ1f

I switched to 1.3.0 git and no luck on the text color. I haven't tried out the texture issue yet.
Actually you are correct. I didnt notice that before. :s
The texture color are grayed in some of the textures but you can still see the difference between the one you can use and the ones you cannot in abilities menu even though it is more annoying now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Good it's not just me being an idiot with my settings then. I can live with that lol. I just wanted to know if anyone else had encountered it and if it could be corrected. Thanks.