Rogue Galaxy disappearing text.
Looks like a symptom of skipdraw. Did you change it to something other than 0 for that or some other game?

Skip draw 3 I know to allow to see those flashback cutscenes but it removes the first letter on the subtitles, if I recall correctly. Since I returned to skipdraw 0 every time the videos were over I can't say the effects on the menus.

Edit: In the newer PCSX2 you can adjust it directly from GSDX GUI by enabling the HW hacks and after clicking the configure button it is evident there, return it to zero case it has any other number there.

In previous versions is more complicated and involves editing ini file, better is to get the Version 1.x (I'm not sure when that option was included, I'm using the latest SVN).
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

PCSX2 1.0.0.r5350 - compiled on Aug 1 2012
Savestate version: 0x9a080000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4094 MB
CPU name = AMD Athlon™ II X4 640 Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 3.012 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags = efd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
MMX2 .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2.. SSE4a

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\gsdx32-sse2-r5350.dll
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (9.18.13.567)
Binding PAD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\padPokopom.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\spu2-x-r5350.dll
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.
and you're using DX9.. why?

also, your drivers are out of date:
(9.18.13.697)
(11-15-2012, 06:29 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Looks like a symptom of skipdraw. Did you change it to something other than 0 for that or some other game?

Skip draw 3 I know to allow to see those flashback cutscenes but it removes the first letter on the subtitles, if I recall correctly. Since I returned to skipdraw 0 everytime the videos were over I can't say the effects on the menus.

I did change the skipdraw to fix the flashback problem, but I swapped it back when it was done and after the first flashback I just left it on 0 because I didn't want to have to change it every time it happened, which I didn't think would be that often anyway. That was also only done on my first attempt. When I reinstalled PCSX2 with a different version I didn't touch the skipdraw and still had the problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by DX9, you'll have to elaborate. And the older drivers were because the newest ones were causing problems with another game, not an emulation one. I'll try updating the drivers to see if that changes anything.
why would you use DX9 when you can use 11?
Even if he were to us DX11. I am almost positive it will not solve the problem at hand here.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
That was from the fresh install, I was just using what it had as the default. I have tried it in DX11 as well but it doesn't change anything.
I had 0 issues playing through this game on 0.9.8 with dx11..

humor me, use the low-end settings in my sig. tell me if it gives ANY trouble at all
Posted last reply in the wrong thread by mistake. I'm downloading 0.9.8 now and I'll try using that. Is there anyway I can back up my save game via either the states or actual saving so I don't need to redo the starting area to see if this works?
you need an actual memory card save