Rogue Galaxy update
(05-09-2013, 10:49 PM)Topken Wrote: hellbringer setting vu round to positive does not work for me as stated in the first post

Did you try the positive rounding along with SuperVU instead of microVU or visa versa?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

I will give superVU a try and see if that makes a difference and report back. I was using microVU for both will try using SUperVU for both instead

Ok Trolley is still bugged either way. Stand on it to get the silver axe for deego and I end up getting the black screen of death only way out is to hit start and square to head back to the title screen.
(05-10-2013, 04:21 AM)Topken Wrote: I will give superVU a try and see if that makes a difference and report back. I was using microVU for both will try using SUperVU for both instead

Ok Trolley is still bugged either way. Stand on it to get the silver axe for deego and I end up getting the black screen of death only way out is to hit start and square to head back to the title screen.

Yea, i described that the trolley glitches to a black screen when you go to the little tunnel beneath the station, but no other glitches associated with it.
The trolley glitches for me when heading through the bar area and the tunnel to the right of it leading up to where the silver axe is waiting in a star key chest. So trying to get the axe is impossible at least I did managed to get the 1 item that matters in the area the Phantom Robe for Kisala since its the first outfit you can get for her.
Update

Ok managed to get the silver axe but it took a while becuase I had to wait for the dang trolley to get there and have it stop right below the axe so I could jump up there. Good way to get all three items that need the trolley just wait a little bit in front of the item and the trolley will come by and stop in front you and you can then proceed to jump up and get the items. The black only happens when the trolley is moving but if its stopped and you climb up nothing will happen and you can continue playing.

So I managed to get past vedan and continue on with the game.
Yeah it's a clamping issue, I forgot which setting I had it on for vedan, but I think I turned it to positive? I still had to avoid all the tracks and use save states to make sure i didn't start jumping on my own. just standing outside anywhere past the train station does this. Also once I got up, I could never get down.
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
(05-18-2013, 09:13 PM)Gvaz Wrote: Yeah it's a clamping issue, I forgot which setting I had it on for vedan, but I think I turned it to positive? I still had to avoid all the tracks and use save states to make sure i didn't start jumping on my own. just standing outside anywhere past the train station does this. Also once I got up, I could never get down.

Not sure how your clamping fixed the issue when you still had to avoid going anywhere near the tracks and couldn't get down if you flew up Tongue
(05-19-2013, 02:35 AM)Coornio Wrote: Not sure how your clamping fixed the issue when you still had to avoid going anywhere near the tracks and couldn't get down if you flew up Tongue

It made it go to "sometimes happens maybe", from "happens within minutes anywhere"
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
Strangely enough, I had this glitch pop up on the PS2 itself, though only once or twice in several play-throughs. It's clearly easier to trigger with the emulation, but the problem isn't 100% a result of the emulation, FYI.
Good to know.
The problem is some flaw in the game's physics code that gets triggered when "special" floating point values
occur. That's why clamping has an effect. Round mode changes can help avoid the buggy state then but are
no guaranteed fix.