Rogue Galaxy update
Figured I would let you guys know that switching vu0/1 round mode to positive does not fix the well known vedan issue for me on svn 5594. I still get tossed into the air and am unable to continue playing and this just sucks.

Considering we have to use those tunnels to get any where when we first get to vedan the game is pretty much unplayable for me at this point in time. I can not continue because I get tossed out of bounds.

Sponsored links

Perhaps reading the full thread will help you a little.
Worst case scenario, just run through the tunnel and hope you don't get wobbled out. It doesn't ALWAYS happen, with a bit of luck, you'll get to a teleporter.
You can always run back to the train station if you get thrown up the map.
I was going by what this post said http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Rogue-Gal...#pid259406 Guess I can try running through and hope i don't get hit by a battle while inside. Hope i can get to the teleporter by the bar so I can save on that side
(05-09-2013, 08:15 AM)Topken Wrote: I was going by what this post said http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Rogue-Gal...#pid259406 Guess I can try running through and hope i don't get hit by a battle while inside. Hope i can get to the teleporter by the bar so I can save on that side

If you do get in battle, just run off, simple as that Tongue
The point is getting to the teleporter. As far as i know, the problematic area is only nearby the station, so you should be okay afterwards.
Ok got hit by the issue just standing outside the bar away from the tunnels
(05-09-2013, 08:58 AM)Topken Wrote: Ok got hit by the issue just standing outside the bar away from the tunnels

Yea, the general area is a bit dangerous. That's why you don't just "stand outside" >_>
I tried to walk above the traintracks and then I fell down to the ground.

You can also play the Vedan levels on your PS2 by using MYMC and continue
on PCSX2 when you are done.
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
(05-09-2013, 02:13 PM)ps2freak Wrote: I tried to walk above the traintracks and then I fell down to the ground.

You can also play the Vedan levels on your PS2 by using MYMC and continue
on PCSX2 when you are done.

Muku seemed to have found the solution:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Rogue-Gal...#pid259406

For those who are to lazy, set VU clamping to positive. and that solved his issue. He never posted back about if it caused issues later in the game, I'll post back in a few months when i get to it. I just picked it up a few weeks ago Laugh
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(05-09-2013, 03:19 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Muku seemed to have found the solution:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Rogue-Gal...#pid259406

For those who are to lazy, set VU clamping to positive. and that solved his issue. He never posted back about if it caused issues later in the game, I'll post back in a few months when i get to it. I just picked it up a few weeks ago Laugh

The best way of using the clamps and rounding is to keep them normal and changing just to pass a problematic situation.

They just change how a number will be rounded or clamped (what the discover! Smile ) since denormals are a problem even for PC (although the CPU itself does a good job in this case) but PS2 hardware has a non standard way to deal with them.

What I mean is hardly this would leave a persistent issue. Mainly if the recommendation of once and again to save in memcard and reloading from it after a clear PCSX2 restart instead just relying on sstates, even when the sstate seems to be working fine and clean.
Imagination is where we are truly real
hellbringer setting vu round to positive does not work for me as stated in the first post