Run CD/DVD vs. Run ISO Image?
Is there any drawback with running the ISO itself
instead of making a vertual drive?
I'm asking because after updating the cdvdGigaherz plugin i get a black screen when chosing Run CD/DVD.

Sponsored links

What? If you have an ISO image of your game, use Linuz ISO to read it directly (no virtual drives or anything)
If you have a disc, use Gigaherz CDVD and choose your dvd rom drive letter.

I'm at a loss as to why people get constantly confused with this
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Well, a lot of emulators can only read discs so i just assumed that there would be some drawbacks when running the ISO...
as a "ISO user" i wanna say that new beta-gui became less userfriendly (more clicks needed to run from iso). But it is not a big deal if you decide to leave it that way. Just wanna let you know.
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
Uh not really if you use it properly. It's at worse the same clicks. Not that we really care about number of clicks anyway Tongue
if i remember right:
old: click for menu, click on iso-string, doubleclick on game to run = 4 clicks
new: click for menu, move to submenu, click for browse, doubleclick on game, click for menu, click on CDDVD to run = 6 clicks + moving mouse back and forth.

two menus and submenu instead of one menu.
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
(02-03-2010, 02:16 PM)tohdom Wrote: if i remember right:
old: click for menu, click on iso-string, doubleclick on game to run = 4 clicks
new: click for menu, move to submenu, click for browse, doubleclick on game, click for menu, click on CDDVD to run = 6 clicks + moving mouse back and forth.

two menus and submenu instead of one menu.

well maybe its more clicks but u never have to browse for a game if u wanna play the same game (it saves your iso selection)
edit: what i want to ask is what is better the iso selector or the linuz iso plugin? and what is their differences.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
The recent ISO list reduces the time it takes to select a game dramatically. We don't care about clicks, it's obvious the new way is faster if you use ISO images.
iakoboss7: Same thing. ISO reading plugins like Linuz ISO will be obsolete and removed in the new version.
(02-03-2010, 03:14 PM)Bositman Wrote: The recent ISO list reduces the time it takes to select a game dramatically. We don't care about clicks, it's obvious the new way is faster if you use ISO images.
iakoboss7: Same thing. ISO reading plugins like Linuz ISO will be obsolete and removed in the new version.

u mean 0.9.8 (for the new version)? thanks for the info Smile (and glad to know Greece has a very good moderator in a big project like this Laugh )
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Yes, 0.9.8.
BTW quote is used like this : [ quote ] and to close it [ / quote ] (without the spaces Tongue)