Running 100% but still noticing frame drops
I've been playing some games that aren't particularly demanding like Virtua Racing and Galaxy Force II, but have noticed dropped frames during gameplay. When I go to window mode and play while watching the status bar, it shows the games are running at 100% speed at 60fps (or very, very close to it), but I can still see the drops. It doesn't matter what settings (hacks on/off, native or upscaled, aa on/off) or plugins (gsdx11, opengl, gsdx9) I use, it makes no difference.

My system specs:

Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7-4790
GTX-970 FTW+
16GB RAM

Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored links

What is the PCSX2 Build You are runnin?
(07-23-2016, 05:36 AM)DarknessBlu Wrote: What is the PCSX2 Build You are runnin?

1.4.0, though I've tried playing in 1.2.1 as well. Same results.
Can you please state where you read those games aren't demanding ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
One imagines ports of a sprite-based superscaler from 1988 and an untextured polygonal racer from 1992 wouldn't be too demanding for hardware released a decade later. If I'm incorrect in this assumption, then my apologies.
(07-23-2016, 07:43 AM)RedTail Wrote: One imagines ports of a sprite-based superscaler from 1988 and an untextured polygonal racer from 1992 wouldn't be too demanding for hardware released a decade later. If I'm incorrect in this assumption, then my apologies.

Your statement is true as long as it's a port.
If it's emulation....
(07-23-2016, 08:21 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Your statement is true as long as it's a port.
If it's emulation....

M2 ported various versions of Galaxy Force II over for the PS2 release and created their very own 60fps version with slightly enhanced graphics. Virtua Racing FlatOut is technically an in-house Sega remake but still uses untextured lo-poly models like the arcade original. Neither one is emulated.
Did you use any non-default values on the EE Cycle rate (or) VU Cycle Stealing slider ? They're known to cause issues like that.
then it entirely depends of how it has been ported too.
many ports are unfortunately quite demanding because of how they hardcoded some functions when porting the games (PS generations can be more demanding than FFX for instance)
(07-23-2016, 08:53 AM)ssakash Wrote: Did you use any non-default values on the EE Cycle rate (or) VU Cycle Stealing slider ? They're known to cause issues like that.

Negative. Both are Preset 2.

(07-23-2016, 08:54 AM)jesalvein Wrote: then it entirely depends of how it has been ported too.
many ports are unfortunately quite demanding because of how they hardcoded some functions when porting the games (PS generations can be more demanding than FFX for instance)

Any reason why the frame drops wouldn't be registering in the status bar?