Running Dynasty Warriors 4
First of all I will state I DID NOT DOWNLOAD THE BIOS I NEVER SAID I DID AND I DID NOT DOWNLOAD IT. I have no idea why my last post was closed people got it in there head that i downloaded the BIOS. Once agin I DID NOT DOWNLOAD THE BIOS!!
That being said here was my post.
Hi i am new to Ps2 emulation. I have been using emulators for older sytems for years now with no problems.
I have downloaded PCSX2
After downloading and setting up i stuck dynasty warriors 4 in and it was playing fine until the actual battle, it then got extremely laggy to the point where it was unplayable.
I don't understand much about hardware but I read how ton get a report of my sytem specs.
my specs are:
-----------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
System Model: Aurora-R2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM
Page File: 8742MB used, 7621MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
--------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x6898)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00
Display Memory: 749 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1010 MB
Shared Memory: 3835 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Dell_ST2310_Analog
Monitor Model: DELL ST2310
Monitor Id: DELF01B
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HD15

I hope you can help me get this running fine or at least tell me if it is possible with my specs, thanks.

The only reason i want to use an emulator is to upscale older ps2 games.
By posting my system specs i was hoping someone could give me a recomended setting. I enabled the speed hacks then it went too fast but still laggy whilst fighting.
everything else i use default settings.
I use GSDX 9. i also tried 3d11 and many other settings -but i dont really know what im doing with it lol.
What other specs should i post to help?

Sponsored links

If i'm correct, i think Brock reported it even though it was not completely clear from the start whether the BIOS was downloaded or not, and despite the fact that you explained that on the second post. I wondered myself.
flankspankrank Wrote:I have downloaded PCSX2 with the BIOS - i have a working ps2 so the bios is legit.
1) Wrong section, since this isn't a bug report, and even if it were you failed to read the stickies so it would be moved anyway.
2) If you downloaded the BIOS, it's still illegal regardless of whether you own a functioning PS2 or not. It's only legal if you dump it from your own PS2, and no, sharing with a friend is still considered illegal.
3) The problem you describe is merely stressful rendering. The game itself should be fine but the more enemies on screen the worse the demands. Only thing you can do is mess around with the speedhacks and run the game on native resolution, if that helps. Then again, you posted partial specs and no emulator settings so it's rather early to say.
Truth lies where non want to find it.

Heres what corrnio's post shows.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(11-02-2013, 02:02 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: flankspankrank Wrote:I have downloaded PCSX2 with the BIOS - i have a working ps2 so the bios is legit.
1) Wrong section, since this isn't a bug report, and even if it were you failed to read the stickies so it would be moved anyway.
2) If you downloaded the BIOS, it's still illegal regardless of whether you own a functioning PS2 or not. It's only legal if you dump it from your own PS2, and no, sharing with a friend is still considered illegal.
3) The problem you describe is merely stressful rendering. The game itself should be fine but the more enemies on screen the worse the demands. Only thing you can do is mess around with the speedhacks and run the game on native resolution, if that helps. Then again, you posted partial specs and no emulator settings so it's rather early to say.
Truth lies where non want to find it.

Heres what corrnio's post shows.
Yes and i did not say i downloaded it. I understand that i was not clear but to get the BIOS i dumbed it using the tool.
Cornio was warning me about downloading it that was all. i am well aware of the legal implications and i am a big supporter of sony.

(11-02-2013, 02:06 PM)flankspankrank Wrote: Yes and i did not say i downloaded it. I understand that i was not clear but to get the BIOS i dumbed it using the tool.
Cornio was warning me about downloading it that was all. i am well aware of the legal implications and i am a big supporter of sony.
Great i have a warning level for asking a question. Can anyone help me with this i have played around with configurations and it is still laggy. the problem is only when i am in a fight.
(11-02-2013, 02:06 PM)flankspankrank Wrote: Yes and i did not say i downloaded it. I understand that i was not clear but to get the BIOS i dumbed it using the tool.

ok whatever , if this is my fault then im extremly sorry about that but your post also confuse me.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(11-02-2013, 02:11 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: ok whatever , if this is my fault then im extremly sorry about that but your post also confuse me.

Well can you help basically i have tried a few configurations but on every setting the game is still laggy.
I can post more sytem specs if needed. and like i said i have tried default configurations and i looked at the configuration video for advice.
Ok if any mod can give the permission to help you then i will definatly help you.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(11-02-2013, 02:20 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: Ok if any mod can give the permission to help you then i will definatly help you.

How do i get that i am new to this site?
You can check where the bottleneck is but probably your cpu is to weak. I think for most games frequencies above 3GHz are needed to run at full speed. Is the game running at full spead in native resolution? Then you might want to invest in a better graphics card.

The best solution would be probably to overclock your cpu if possible.
As already said Dynasty Warriors is quite demanding if the amount of enemies in your screen is to high. You probably have to find the best situation between lagging and low-Res.

Maybe first you should post your emu-log.

I would suggest to youse Gsdx-10/11 as graphics plugin. I think DX9 has higher compatibility but lower speed and will not be improved so much anymore.
(11-02-2013, 03:24 PM)willkuer Wrote: You can check where the bottleneck is but probably your cpu is to weak. I think for most games frequencies above 3GHz are needed to run at full speed. Is the game running at full spead in native resolution? Then you might want to invest in a better graphics card.

The best solution would be probably to overclock your cpu if possible.
As already said Dynasty Warriors is quite demanding if the amount of enemies in your screen is to high. You probably have to find the best situation between lagging and low-Res.

Maybe first you should post your emu-log.

I would suggest to youse Gsdx-10/11 as graphics plugin. I think DX9 has higher compatibility but lower speed and will not be improved so much anymore.

Ok thank you i figured my graphics card wasn't up to par i guess i will stick to PS2 till i can rectify the situation.