Running FFX On PCSX2 1.0.0
Hi Guys

A Well known issue regarding the FF series on FFX, I'm able to run on default settings, but seriously unhappy with the results, it lags slightly and fps goes down instantaneously.

I'm not sure if its my laptop specs but I do believe i'm capable of running it, maybe someone on here with a decent configuration or something can help me

Specs :
Processor Intel® Core™ i3-4010U CPU @ 1.70GHz
Video Card Intel® HD Graphics Family
Memory 8.1 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Sponsored links

Well first thing to do is update to the latest version - 1.2.1.

1.0.0 is old an unsupported.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-21-2015, 09:08 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well first thing to do is update to the latest version - 1.2.1.

1.0.0 is old an unsupported.

I Upgraded to 1.2.1 but its still laggy running with 50-60fps at first but going down to 20-30fps after with default settings, not only that, but sound isn't working either Sad.
(03-21-2015, 09:02 PM)Tysonix Wrote: Hi Guys

A Well known issue regarding the FF series on FFX, I'm able to run on default settings, but seriously unhappy with the results, it lags slightly and fps goes down instantaneously.

I'm not sure if its my laptop specs but I do believe i'm capable of running it, maybe someone on here with a decent configuration or something can help me

Specs :
Processor Intel® Core™ i3-4010U CPU @ 1.70GHz
Video Card Intel® HD Graphics Family
Memory 8.1 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit

Any assistance would be much appreciated

I'm pretty confident it's your laptop, i3s don't have Turbo Boost which means your CPU will stay at 1.7Ghz; that's not great for anything demanding, and PCSX2 is VERY CPU heavy.
get a decent CPU or play it on your PS2.
That cpu is way too weak.
sorry.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-21-2015, 09:33 PM)jesalvein Wrote: get a decent CPU or play it on your PS2.
That cpu is way too weak.
sorry.

Its weird though, because i've ran it on a laptop with i3 and with roughly the same Ghz, and it operated fine and smoothly, just wondered why not on this one.
Care to post the full name of the other laptop processor ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-21-2015, 09:46 PM)ssakash Wrote: Care to post the full name of the other laptop processor ?

Its not with me, I'm at University, that laptop is at home.

Is there seriously no hope of me running this at all on this pc, I don't mind low graphic quality, I'd really just want to play it. Sad
Make sure you have set windows performance plan to high performance and play while plugging in your laptop if that doesn't help then, provide a screenshot of your pcsx2 settings and the EE and GS values during slowdown.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-21-2015, 09:53 PM)Tysonix Wrote: Its not with me, I'm at University, that laptop is at home.

Is there seriously no hope of me running this at all on this pc, I don't mind low graphic quality, I'd really just want to play it. Sad

You can try speedhacks, but I'm unsure that will allow you to stay at full speed. Try MTVU as it might help a little and play around with the sliders (usually pushing the VU one all the way will do more harm than good). Make sure your laptop is plugged in and Windows Power Plan is set to "High Performance". That's about it really.

EDIT: Actually, as Ssakash said, the emulog and configuration/title bar values would help find the bottleneck Smile