Running Game which has no ISO file in the disk.
So I just installed and configured PCSX2 and I want to play Ratchet Gladiator. When I try and run the game through the emulator using either the full or the half runs, I get a message saying "File not found. Path: IsoFileSystem".
How do I get an iso file out of the game if it isn't provided.

Update: I just tried creating an iso file using ImgBurn. I tried using the folders and files in the game disk but I got an error. The error says two things: 
1. "Cannot read from file: D:\CNF\ICON_EN.SYS"
2. "Reason: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)."

I have no idea what this means.

Sponsored links

imgburn should just have an option to create an iso from a disc.

[Image: wo7pDyz.png]
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-31-2015, 03:48 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: imgburn should just have an option to create an iso from a disc.

Rofl love that  explanation though i think even that to some people will not be self explanatory, i might have save that img and refer to it when some one says they cant fiqure out the self explanatory ness of  imgburn
Btw "cyclic redundancy check" is not a good thing.It could mean that your disk is damaged and you may not be able to create the image at all or the image to create 100% working image
In your case if that's the only file,the game will not be able to create an image for your save file(while using the ingame saving method)

Nobbs66,is that picture from your laptop(ImgBurn can't detect a cd/dvd drive)
(12-31-2015, 07:15 AM)vsub Wrote: Nobbs66,is that picture from your laptop(ImgBurn can't detect a cd/dvd drive)

Yep, and I downloaded imgburn just to take that screenshot.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
im pretty sure this needs to be addressed as a bug. Recently i have been receiving this same error on iso's that where fine the day before and the only interaction they have had is with pcsx2, leading me to believe that pcsx2 itself is corrupting the iso's. Could be wrong but should at least be looked into.
(01-22-2016, 03:09 AM)obsidianblade Wrote: im pretty sure this needs to be addressed as a bug. Recently i have been receiving this same error on iso's that where fine the day before and the only interaction they have had is with pcsx2, leading me to believe that pcsx2 itself is corrupting the iso's. Could be wrong but should at least be looked into.

Doesn't need to be addressed as a bug, because it's not a bug of PCSX2.

PCSX2 does not corrupt isos. If it did you'd have a whole chain of reports on this now.
Corrupted ISOs is almost always the case of a user error, or a failing HDD/disc.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I can understand you guys get alot of people who don't know what they are doing, but i have been using iso's for years (epsxe and pcsx2) and have not once until i downloaded pcsx2 again recently had an iso corrupt on me. i would agree it could be a hdd problem however the problem only persists with iso's which have previously run on pcsx2 and it has happened on multiple computers. I searched google before posting + had a quick look through the forums and found this had been reported multiple times from as far back as 2012. Anyways I'll just leave it there, make anouther iso and look into the issue myself.
(01-22-2016, 02:23 PM)obsidianblade Wrote: I can understand you guys get alot of people who don't know what they are doing, but i have been using iso's for years (epsxe and pcsx2) and have not once until i downloaded pcsx2 again recently had an iso corrupt on me. i would agree it could be a hdd problem however the problem only persists with iso's which have previously run on pcsx2 and it has happened on multiple computers. I searched google before posting + had a quick look through the forums and found this had been reported multiple times from as far back as 2012. Anyways I'll just leave it there, make anouther iso and look into the issue myself.
It doesn't happen to most users' iso's, so there must be something different about your settings, computers or iso's compared to that of most PCSX2 users. How long on average can you play the iso's before they corrupt?
i can play for as long as i want the problem seems to occur after a restart and only with iso's that have run on pcsx2, i dont know if it makes a difference but when i make a new iso i can continue from where i left off so im assuming its not a problem with the discs i am ripping from. I am also thinking it could be something to do with my plugin settings maybe, but i'm just gonna try a few different things out and post back if i find anything. I have had pcsx2 run perfectly in the past with no issues so i concede it is more than likely not a problem with pcsx2 itself. In my first post i said i could be wrong however it is unlikely to be hdd failure across multiple computers and as i stated i have been making iso's for years without issue. The only differences i can think of are that i'm now on windows 8 and i think i am using different plugins than i was in the past. Ohh and sorry for my bad grammar/spelling i know you forum types are big on that 8).