Running God of War 1
No, I mean it still has a slowdown issues at some parts when I don't enable the VU speedhack.

Sponsored links

there are a few spots, yes. my 2.2 played through GoW fine, just had some slowdowns on it, best to just deal with them as they come up
(10-07-2010, 10:07 PM)megamagition Wrote: Any alternatives to VU?

Try setting the NTSC/PAL framerate settings to 30 or 40 or so, seems to have worked fine for one user before Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Without using VU speedhack, I'm barely getting 25 - 30 FPS when playing GoW, some say it's possible to be a bit faster, but I don't know how. So, I'm also using VU. :/ ... Hoping for Saiki to make his post xD! No rush and all xD!
Here's an update, I managed to get GOW 40 - 60 FPS on 2.2 Ghz dual core Smile Smile... Here's what I did (guess you could try):

- Set all Clamp Modes to "None" (Emulation Settings/EE/Iop and VUs)
- Speedhacks: EE Cyclerate to 50 %, VU Cycle to moderate (or lower/higger, depending on your rig), INTC and Wait Loop detection enabled.
- From GS/Frame Skipping I've used constant skipping: Frames to Draw/Skip from 25 - 30, depending on the CPU i guess.
- Plugin: GS/SSSE3, 1024/768 rez with Texture Filtering enabled, everything else is off (don't know if they can impact speed or gameplay, didn't test)

I'm using latest PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3876), and as I said I'm getting 40 - 60 FPS, with no or minor graphical bugs, nothing that would affect the gameplay. Hope this helps, good luck Smile
woh skiping 25 - 30 thats will make the game blinking too much
i say speed over quialty if he but it to native it will only need skip and draw 5
gsdx sse4 is much better ( if it avilable )
is gsdx hacks could increes speed
I doubt he's got a CPU that supports SSE4, if he did, he would encounter very little problems on the speed side. It's not blinking THAT much xD, only when fighting for me. Even then it's nothing to be concerned about, you get use to it and forget about it eventually Tongue. And native really looks nasty in GOW Sad, but, as you said if he wants speed over quality, he can go with that.
funny, looks almost identical to the setting I posted a while ago.
you just upped both VU and EE

note to op: use my settings, you'll find them in image form from an earlier SVN, I was getting near-constant 60fps
Which post, which settings???QQ
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Mortal-Ko...=Fast+Cdvd