Running Slowly
The games run in slow motion. The two games I've tried are Manhunt 2, and Liberty City Stories.
GPU: Geforce GTX 480
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHZ, 2 Cores

Sponsored links

games need to be configured appropriately in order to function at high/playable speeds. First try typing pcsx2 and the game you are playing into google. usually a wiki.pcsx2 page will come up that should have appropriate settings. Second use the search in these forums to see if anyone else already came up with a working configuration. Test that out. If it still isnt optimal, play around with speedhacks, resolutions, and then other hardware/software modes and hacks.

Make sure your plugins are the best for your cpu and gpu capabilities.
Lastly, use imgburn to make iso images of your games and use these instead of the DVD. It performs better.
i5 2500K 3.3ghz turbo to 4.2ghz
ATI 4850 512MB
8GB DDR3 RAM
Do you have any of the speedhacks active in the speedhacks menu of the GS Video settings options?
If not that can cause it to be slow.
System:
Manufacturer: CyberPower Inc.
Rating: 5.9
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit OS
(08-17-2012, 03:13 AM)trueshothaze Wrote: Do you have any of the speedhacks active in the speedhacks menu of the GS Video settings options?
If not that can cause it to be slow.
I enabled the speedhacks and noticed a slight improvement. I'm not sure which certain speedhack setting would work the best. I'll have to try different ones.
1)post the emulator settings for better help.
2)tick native resolution in gsdx
3)use directx 11 hardware render
4) enable all recommended speedhacks
OP's GPU should be powerful enough to handle up scaling, so Native option probably not needed...
Gpu is powerful BUT your CPU OMG SLOW core 2 duo 3.00ghz T_T at least get i5-2400k 4core 3.1ghz

native
full tick texture filtering(nice quality!!!)
tick 8bit texture
D3D11
sprite hack half tick(grey)
GSDX SSSE3(use your fastest cpu instruction)

speedhack tick all recommended speed hack except MTVU(because help only very little speedup or no speedup and cost your cpu load higher!!!)
The CPU is not slow and the suggested i5 is just marginally faster.

The problem here is that these games are just poor performers under emulation.
Speedhacks like MTVU and the VU cycle steal should help fix it.
Problem solved. I enabled Direct3D10, and disabled native and speedhacks. Manhunt 2 is running fine, with no lag or in slow motion. I also tried The Warriors, and that works fine. Unfortunately, I could not get Liberty City Stories to work with no lag. The GTA games are probably too heavy.