Spongebob squarepants - revenge of the flying dutchman

Plugins

graphics plugin: GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2-r 4600]

SPU2: SPU2-X r600m 1.4.0 [spu2-x-r4600]
cdvd: cdvdGigaherz (r4510) 0.8.0 [cdvdGigaherz]

Specification of my computer:

Notebook computer
CPU: Intel Core i5 540M @ 2.53ghz, 3.06ghz turbo boost

RAM; type: DDR3, size: 4096mb (of 2 ram sticks), DRAM frequency: 532.2mhz, Channels#: Dual

Graphics card: Ati mobility Radeon HD 5650, memory: 1024mb (dedicated).

Summary:

I set the graphics plugin to hardware acceleration, started the game,
All the cutscenes appeared. I was expecting the 3D graphics to show
while I was testing it, but all I see is a black screen, except the music
was working perfectly, I could hear all sound effects as well apart from
not knowing where I was in the game, but as I was fiddling with the
controller I saw a 2D image come up that said 'X (button image) new game', I observed that the 3D graphics on this game obviously was
either not supported or not detected (beats me which one it is).

I tried playing this game in software mode, and it fixed only the 3D part
but the speed was unbearable, I know that with the 3D graphics it
would be much faster (nearly full speed).
The game was made on Cd-rom

I actually choose this game because it has an extremely close resemblence to the cartoons that where made of the spongebob squarepants series, A discussion on this game, told me that the moral of the story exactly matches that of the real deal, soo realistic.

For every person, there is always a hidden secracy, fantasy is mearly a creative works of such people. My official nickname is spyone7stars.

Sponsored links

It could be possible that this is not a graphics issue, but if you go into the video settings and select software rendering, does the game show up?
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Bug 
(05-28-2011, 06:26 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: It could be possible that this is not a graphics issue
you may be right on this one, although its probably the way my game was loaded, so basically the Graphics was detected, it just didn't display at all.
Quote:but if you go into the video settings and select software rendering, does the game show up?
yes software rendering does allow the game to show up. it would be much faster with 3D. software 3D obviously would be quite slow (soley CPU+2D dependant).

In speed hacks, under microVU Hacks, I disabled mVU Flag Hack, after that the emulator speed up by a few fps (4fps) extra performance boosts appeared(in spikes of 10fps).
For every person, there is always a hidden secracy, fantasy is mearly a creative works of such people. My official nickname is spyone7stars.
Do you mind testing the game using the SuperVU recompiler on VU0 and VU1? (Config>Emulation Settings>VUs).

Tell us if this changes anything.

Edit: And interpreter, if it doesn't lag you out.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(05-29-2011, 12:02 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: Do you mind testing the game using the SuperVU recompiler on VU0 and VU1? (Config>Emulation Settings>VUs).
under VU0/VU1 Advanced Recompiler Options
should I leave the set defaults?, despite this I will leave them and test
only superVU Recompiler and Interpreter in Hardware mode to see any changes.

Testing the rounding/clamping doesn't hurt. You might want to try it with EE/IOP, too. I believe the most compatible settings are nearest/none, but just play with them. Although what I'm really curious about is if just setting it to the SuperVU Recompiler will make the game run any differently, but feel free to mess with the round/clamp modes as they can definitely cause a difference.

However, if you don't get any difference using SuperVU on the default settings, I wouldn't expect that much of a change.

Also, see if you get any weird messages/errors inside of your console.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Here are the test results

test 1
_______
direct3D9 (hardware)
with superVU recompiler [legacy] on VU1 and VU2

Result:
still blackness(no 3D graphics showing), hear perfect sound, 60fps nearly all the time 51fps lowest
all 2D images show (only ones that aren't attached to 3D objects)

test 2
______
This test is going to be done because I didn't get any lag at all from test 1 but no graphics showing
direct3D9 (hardware)
with interpreter on VU1 and VU2

Result:
unable to get past playstation 2 loading screen (too slow)
tried fast loading, got past playstation 2 loading screen, 6o fps throughout the videos

When trying to show graphics

there was an error that I forgot to mention, when using the emulator with test 1 (there is only one error):

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (8.14.1.6091)
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: P:\PS2 iso files\spongebob squarepants - revenge of the flying dutchman.iso
Image type = CD
Fileparts = 1
* CDVD Disk Open: CD, 1 tracks (1 to 1):
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (299186 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Users\ashley knipe\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Users\ashley knipe\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
GIFTAG warning, size exceeded VU memory size 400
GIFTAG warning, size exceeded VU memory size 400
ok this is something new I discovered with my game - spongebob squarepants revenge of the flying dutchman.

I tested this in hardware mode

when the game first loads and loads the 3D graphics here is what it looks like:

I saw this picture and paused the game and removed the ps2 memory sticks (virtual memory sticks), then resumed the game, I did this twice and I realised that the blackness was not there because the graphics was not detected, its because the blackness was a display error in the game (blackens out all moving 3D graphics as I move the character, like a shading effect) I'll show you what it looks like with it paused then resumed:

but despite the graphics showing again, the fps was still the same in Test 1, the graphics was soon covered up with black debree, and for a couple of seconds I understood what the real problem was. Pretty dang exciting don't you agree, although thats just from my point of view

even though I think this is an alpha correction problem, The graphics plugin couldn't correct the blackness from shading the entire playing space to naught but 2D imaging. Despite changing settings that would relate to fixing this problem like, in game fixes, ee timing hack + VU add hack + video fixes, none of them fixed the problem.
this has been deliberately left blank
It may not be possible to correct it with the normal options in GSdx hardware if software renderer shows it correctly, have you tried other plugins like ZeroGS or ZZOgl?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64