SE_Lock_Memory Strange Problem
I understand this is a fairly common problem, however the way it's happening to me seems different from others.

First off I'm running Vista Ultimate 32 bit with an AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core at 2.2 GHz, 4 gigs of ram and Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT.

Using pcsx2 v. 0.9.5 however problem persists with version 0.9.4 as well.

Ok, so when I first installed pcsx2 0.9.4 I followed the instructions that appeared when I tried to load the VM version to add my user account to the local security policy "Lock Pages in Memory" I still had to run the program as an administrator for it to work but it worked nonetheless. Couple days later I downloaded version 0.9.5 and everything still worked fine for about a week.

Then suddenly one day I realized the prompt that came up after running as an administrator where I either allow or cancel the program stopped coming up. So I tried running it normally and saw I didn't need to run it as administrator anymore for it to work.

This went on for a couple days until I restarted my computer (the first time since installing pcsx2, not including the log off/on for security policy) Then to my dismay I try loading it up and I'm getting the original error messages again, the one that gives me instructions how to activate SE_Lock Memory when I run it normally and an error message suggesting I need more memory if I run as admin.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program with no luck. Tried removing my user from the policy logging off/on then adding myself back and logging off/on. Get the same errors when using version 0.9.4 and 0.9.5

All this may not be such a problem but the non VM version can't run my save states for some reason. Whenever I attempt to load my FF10 save it immediately crashes although it can load the game fine if I'm not trying to load a savegame.

If anyone has any solutions to any of these problems I'd appreciate any help.

Sponsored links

Did you recently install any programs that run on background? That may be your problem. Vista is very picky with the VM version. I always have to hurry to start PCSX2 VM when Vista had just booted, If I don't, he'll want me to run the TLB version Tongue2.
(01-22-2009, 08:07 PM)stpdrgstr Wrote: Did you recently install any programs that run on background? That may be your problem. Vista is very picky with the VM version. I always have to hurry to start PCSX2 VM when Vista had just booted, If I don't, he'll want me to run the TLB version Tongue2.

Ahhh thank you!! The only 2 programs I installed recently were Alcohol 120 and MagicISO. I just removed them from windows startup and after a restart everything worked fine again.