Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SLI AA Mode
In just a few days I will be getting a second gtx 560 and was wondering if pcsx2 would benefit from SLI AA mode since I know that it can't take advantage of SLI itself.

What Do you think?

Sponsored links

Pcsx2 cannot take advantage of sli unless nvidia make us a profile which will never happen. Also gsdx ignores nvidias AA settings
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
Well, that would make it hard to utilize my new system... Oh well. I am gonna try to create a custom profile that will enable SLi by messing around with the SLi bits. If I manage anything I will post Smile
I think people on Dolphin did that messing around with a costum profile which worked only on DX9 at the time. Most possibly now it's working better but I didn't keep an eye on it since I'm not using SLI anymore to any of my setups.
IIRC Nvidia Inspector is the program you want to create SLI profiles.
(04-02-2013, 08:21 AM)DaMan Wrote: IIRC Nvidia Inspector is the program you want to create SLI profiles.

Already ahead of you! Right now it's just a matter of waiting for the gpu and the associated power cables to get here before I can start working on it.
Besides, the cards able to SLI are already enough for PCSX2, if it doubled the memory that could help but 2x 1GB VRAM cards in SLI are still 1GB VRAM, so not much of help for the upscale freaks Smile

Being a SLI user myself I know the above for sure. Actually I made a profile for PCSX2... but to "force" SLI off, just in case. PCSX2 and the GS plugin specially in this case already have to deal with non "standard" code and so prone to glitches and issues, you don't want to put yet more complication in this scenario, at least for now.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-02-2013, 09:04 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Besides, the cards able to SLI are already enough for PCSX2, if it doubled the memory that could help but 2x 1GB VRAM cards in SLI are still 1GB VRAM, so not much of help for the upscale freaks Smile

Being a SLI user myself I know the above for sure. Actually I made a profile for PCSX2... but to "force" SLI off, just in case. PCSX2 and the GS plugin specially in this case already have to deal with non "standard" code and so prone to glitches and issues, you don't want to put yet more complication in this scenario, at least for now.

You are probably right, but if I manage to get it running and running smoothly, it may help those with older sli setups or dual graphic gpus run properly

Just a side note, I have the 2GB version of the GTX 560. I bought it with pcsx2 and dolphin in mind.