SMT - Lucifer's Call (PAL) (Nocturne)
(06-08-2011, 12:02 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [...]I did a quick search and apparently "lucifer's call" has lots of problems in the PS2 when using 50Hz but not so much when using 60Hz (apparently it has a pal 50/60 selector) so you can try that. Other than that, as said before try enabling/disabling the "EE timing hack" gamefix and using 60Hz if it has a selector.

Well... this could be true for the PS2 (though I can't remember that I would have had a problem with Lucifer's Call on the real hardware, neither with 50Hz nor with 60Hz), but on PCSX2 50Hz works better for me, because 60Hz has some graphical glitches. Which reminds me that I wanted to bring this to the forum for quite some time and I always forgot^^. Grr^^. I can get you a screenshot of what I mean, I'll just have to switch PCs for that^^.

Regarding your freezes: This seems pretty odd to me. Because I played this game (the PAL version) about two months after the first post of this thread and I had no problems with it. I never experienced this problem in my whole 50 hour playthrough. Please give us your configs, this looks strange to me.

Edit: Here is the screenshot: click. This image is about half a year old, but the issue is still the same. I was unable to reproduce the overlayed graphics (like the "3/8" or the "ladder"), but the dark bar at the top of the image is still present. Additionally I just noticed that the image we get with NTSC is way darker than the image with PAL.

I also checked Zio and Bufu, they work just fine for me.

Edit 2: I opened an issue about my screen problem: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/de...&start=100
If anyone knows something about this, please report there.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.

Sponsored links

(06-08-2011, 08:11 PM)Bright-Warrior Wrote: Additionally I just noticed that the image we get with NTSC is way darker than the image with PAL.

thats cause we dont pay the electrical bill in the ntsc version Tongue, ok jokes apart(or is aside?) i dont remember that in my game, ima gonna check it.

About the zio and bufu problem, its looks like is hard to recreate. Maybe u can try with the old 0.9.6 or the beta 0.9.7 and ofc the other video plugin.
(06-10-2011, 11:27 PM)ecchiless Wrote: thats cause we dont pay the electrical bill in the ntsc version Tongue, ok jokes apart(or is aside?) i dont remember that in my game, ima gonna check it.

Thanks, I'd very appreciate if you'd look this up. Because the slower movements in the PAL version drive me nuts now that I have seen the "real speed" of the game^^. But please answer in this thread I just opened, since I don't want to ninja this thread with my issue, which is pretty unrelated to the actual topic: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Shin-Mega...-NTSC-mode

P.S.: It's "jokes aside"^^.

(06-10-2011, 11:27 PM)ecchiless Wrote: [...]About the zio and bufu problem, its looks like is hard to recreate. Maybe u can try with the old 0.9.6 or the beta 0.9.7 and ofc the other video plugin.

But if it's hard to recreate, how can it be such a gamebreaker like it seems to be the case here? Again, to the TS: Please give us your exact setup and configurations. With this I mean: Exact PCSX2 version (the current final 0.9.8 or a SVN snapshot?), your used plugins and their configurations. Perhaps this is even a problem with SPU2-X? Have you also updated your DirectX recently? With this program?
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
anyone have a cheat for this game?