SMT: Lucifer's Call, images overlap
I've experienced a lot of problems with this game (PAL version of Nocturne) on PCSX2. Invisible walls, darker in NTSC 60HZ, the MC shadow problem, and now images overlapping each other. I switched to software mode to get rid of problems; the only problem with that is the severe frame drops which also affects the sound obviously (I've literally had it drop to 6-7 fps when Matador appeared), and I find those drops very annoying.

Anyway, here's a picture of the image overlap issue:
[Image: sp7y37.jpg]

The aforementioned problems with see-through walls, darker environment in 60HZ and the shadow problem is gone (right now at least), but this is really bugging me. Any help much appreciated.

Oh, and here's my computer specs if they help:
Intel Core i5-2300
NVIDIA GeForce GT 530
Windows 7, 64-bit
DirectX 11

Sponsored links

Hello ,download new version of PCSX2,looks like you using something very old
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-1-0...-Installer
I actually use 1.0.0 and always have for this game.
Hmm this game 1 of my favorites and i have zero issues.
But my version of game not PAL.
Try online shops maybe you can buy US version.
But I don't wanna start over and lose all my saves. Sad
Hmm. you have 2 options Smile New game and play good on PC or play on console .
How many hours in game?
If you on Matador ,not far
Video plugin DirectX 11?
I've grinded a lot (because holy ***** Matador), so about 5 hours. I either continue in software mode with frame drops occuring especially in battles, or I find a way to fix the problems in hardware mode. I really don't wanna find the US version and start over.
What do you mean by video plugin DirectX 11? Where do you see what you are requesting? I have GSDX10 if that's what you mean.
have you got any hw hacks enabled on gsdx?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-27-2013, 03:45 PM)Bota Wrote: I've grinded a lot, so about 5 hours. I either continue in software mode with frame drops occuring especially in battles, or I find a way to fix the problems in hardware mode. I really don't wanna find the US version and start over.
What do you mean by video plugin DirectX 11? Where do you see what you are requesting? I have GSDX10 if that's what you mean.
Relax Smile Yes, i mean GSDX10
Probably your party not very good ,why you leveling so long? You playing this game 1st time ? Smile Yes, i understand ,its not great to start over but you really not far away.
Who with you and MC specs?
(01-27-2013, 03:46 PM)refraction Wrote: have you got any hw hacks enabled on gsdx?
Nope, but I've tried playing around with the VU Cycle Stealing putting it up on 2 and enabling MTVU. While it removes the image overlap problem, the picture becomes unstable when you move your character, and a bar is blinking at the top.

EDIT: The overlay of images now returned when I'm inside buildings, also with these settings.

(01-27-2013, 03:59 PM)oOCrazyGamerOo Wrote: Relax Smile Yes, i mean GSDX10
Probably your party not very good ,why you leveling so long? You playing this game 1st time ? Smile Yes, i understand ,its not great to start over but you really not far away.
Who with you and MC specs?

I am calm. Smile Yes, it's my first time playing Nocturne. I've been stuck on Matador for quite some time. Why do you wanna know my party members' stats? I think they're quite irrelevant for my problem.