SMT Nocturne Text Skipping
Hello, it's my first post and I hope I'm following the rules correctly. Anyways, I've been playing SMT 3: Nocturne and recently, text started skipping and I think it's only certain letters that are missing, though I may be wrong. Is there a way to fix this? I've tried setting skippdraw to 0, dabbled a little in the graphics config, and pressing F9 in-game, but they don't seem to work. Is there a way to fix this or is my save the one screwing this up?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I'm not sure why, but I'm getting the same thing. It's pretty odd actually, since I first started this game over a week ago on Hard mode, and ran into no problems AT ALL. Not even a jittery screen, which I now also have which is there whenever I even run the game. But ever since I saved my Hard mode file to slot 5, then went to make a 2nd file on Normal and saved over my previous slot 1 save, which was the original, Hard mode/no glitches AT ALL save, I get disappearing text, horrible alpha rendering and a jittery screen. It all happens as the game loads memory card data, which I suspect became corrupt.

I've tried many things to fix this aswell, all sorts of modes, changing graphics driver settings etc and have been searching for potential fixes/others who are experiencing the same. Set aside my Memory card that corrupts text, made a brand new card with a brand new save, still run into all of the graphical issues beside the text corruption. Not sure what happened to cause this but cant get rid of it at all ever since the perfect game turned into a nightmare. Glad to see this thread and have someone else being tormented like me.

Here are some examples. Some spoopy stuff in here.

http://imgur.com/a/zLQPE
Which renderer ? Dx or OpenGL ? You might need to enable accurate date for the latter.
For me, with Dx renderers no config or set of options worked for clearing the bad alpha and other graphical bugs, no software/version combination at all. With your suggested OpenGL w/ Accurate date settings the game looks like it used to, as in it looks perfect, as it did on Dx11 hardware before my save corruption and text issue.

When I try to use my old saves the text distortion comes back, but no graphical errors other than that. Very odd. Not sure how the saves got corrupted but it looks like you have your answer OP. It appears there's a workaround that I just stumbled upon. It must be a specific save that got corrupted, as in my dismay i copied my 26 hour hardmode save to slot 3 4 and 5, and my new save where the issues came up on slot 2, then copied them over to a new memory card to see if the issue happened the same way. It did until i removed 2 3 and 4... leaving just my original backup save that i put the most time in that became heavily distorted/corrupted on the new memory card I started a new file, and when it checked the memory card there was no corruption. (usually id get a jumbled up mess on the save file like SAfdjaz3 ArH 4:21, instead of where i last saved, the difficuty and time played)

Maybe you can recover your save by doing the same, OP.
What version of PCSX2 are you using? This was apparently fixed in the 1.3.0 builds.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I was using 1.5.0, and have updated to the latest 1.5 svn, but both were loading saves with corrupt text. Saves were started on the "latest stable build for windows" just a few weeks ago so it's all very recent.
I remember a member analyzing this issue, it has something to do with viewing the Pixie demon, which then glitches everything out. I *think* the PS2 had the issue too, I am searching everywhere for that post but can't find it ATM to clear it up :/
And yes the bug gets saved in your memcard save
Edit: Seems it does indeed happen on the PS2 too: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/582958-sh...e/73059017
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Sorry about this late message, I thought I had replies to my post send a notification to my email, but apparently I hadn't. Anyways, I've tried downloading the newest version of PCSX 2. I'm using Direct3d11 and tried switching to opengl and enabling accurate date, but to no avail. I eventually assumed it's corrupt data, because I used a different memory card and the text works normally. Is it possible to just duplicate multiple versions of the memory card and experiment to see which one may be corrupted? For example, create 5 duplicated versions of the memory card. One has save file 1 removed, 2 has 2 removed, and so on.
(10-21-2016, 11:45 PM)Draceries Wrote: Sorry about this late message, I thought I had replies to my post send a notification to my email, but apparently I hadn't. Anyways, I've tried downloading the newest version of PCSX 2. I'm using Direct3d11 and tried switching to opengl and enabling accurate date, but to no avail. I eventually assumed it's corrupt data, because I used a different memory card and the text works normally. Is it possible to just duplicate multiple versions of the memory card and experiment to see which one may be corrupted? For example, create 5 duplicated versions of the memory card. One has save file 1 removed, 2 has 2 removed, and so on.

I think the answer lies in the post just before yours.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-21-2016, 11:48 PM)refraction Wrote: I think the answer lies in the post just before yours.

Oh, sorry, can't believe i missed that. I'm probably being an idiot, but does that mean overwriting a save and duplicating it won't solve the problem?