[SOLVED] Random Crashes and Freezes - Can someone PLEASE tell me what's going on?
Hello,

I've been using PCSX2 for some time now with absolutely no problems; every game in my library has been played on a 1920 x 1080 resolution with 60 fps on numerous occasions. Today - however - PCSX2 has been the focus of most of my frustrations. Persona 4, Final Fantasy X and Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus continue to run flawlessly, but the rest of my library is no longer playable, with most games encountering unique errors.

Kingdom Hearts II gives me this error message after I start a new game. Yes closes PCSX2, no reopens the window, and ignore leaves me on a black screen indefinitely. Regardless of what I pick, I find this in the PCSX2 console; similar-looking error messages continue for the entire duration of the scroll bar on the right.

Ratchet & Clank and Ratchet & Clank 3 get stuck on specific title cards indefinitely (I've left it open for hours; it's not going to work).

Sly 2 and Sly 3 will reach a loading screen for a bit until it freezes indefinitely.

I have other games, but those are the games I've tested so far.

To fix these problems, I've attempted:

Disabling Speedhacks (First each one separately, then disabling them all together)

Disabling Cheats (I use the Widescreen cheat files for Persona 4, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts II, Ratchet & Clank, and Ratchet & Clank 3)

Using a different build of PCSX2 (I've tested on both r5347 and r4600)

Deleting my entire ISO archive and recreating it (Completely legally; I have copies of all of these games on my desk right now) using ImgBurn.

The latter-most attempt was the only one that provided any results, and all it did was change the error for Kingdom Hearts II (previously, I used to only get a CTD error after the first cutscene).

At this point, I am honestly stumped. I think that it might be a problem with ImgBurn and the ripping process, but I don't have enough authority on the matter to safely determine the cause.

Here are my system specs, just in case you need them.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: MS-7599
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0 GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Page file: 2739MB used, 5448MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5750

And for my PCSX2 settings:

Emulation Settings:

I've changed them, but I've tested every game on the default settings and the same errors occur.

GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16:

Renderer: Direct3D11 (Hardware)
Custom Resolution: 2560 x 1440

Everything not mentioned is always on default.

If anything else is needed, please let me know. I will be happy to provide any extra information if it can help fix this.

Now, for the love of God, will someone PLEASE help me?

Much appreciated.

Sponsored links

Try reading this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Assertion-Failed
(07-27-2012, 06:47 AM)YumiLovesMe Wrote: Try reading this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Assertion-Failed

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

That seems to reassure me that it's an iso related problem, but I still don't know how to fix it. Do you have any other ideas?
Well try re-dumping the game with a different program maybe... idk which though Sad

Also I was told that using an .mdf format rather than an .iso container will help.
Post your emulog.txt after the crash...
Ok, so after re-ripping my games for a THIRD time, the random crashes have - for the most part - stopped happening. They could very well pop up again at a different point in the game, which wouldn't surprise me after what's happened so far, but for now my problem seems to have been solved. I'm going to go with my original idea and say that ImgBurn screwed up the ripping process at some point in time. Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply, I appreciate it.