[SOLVED] stick gamepad issue
Hi..

First of all and as my first comment on this forum, I will like to show my respect for this amazing project to those that make it possible..it is a amazing peace of reverse engineering :-)

So. here is my issue.. I'm using manjaro 64 bits and I just get from the repositories PCSX2 version 1.3.0.0 (svn). In the plugin OnePAD I can configurate (apparently) all the buttons and sticks of my gamepad (CSL 180 for PS3). Using jstest-pack I can also see that everything work just fine and the sticks have a range between -32767 and +32767 what it should be fine, isn't?

My gamepad seems to work fine in all menus on each game..so basically I can start every game using my game pad . But as soon as I really start to play the game (after the initial menus) the sticks basically do not respond.

It may by something easy to solve but I just can't get it to work... is there someone that can help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
Using jstest /dev/input/js0 I get this: (MY-POWER CO.,LTD. 2In1 USB Joystick) has 7 axes and 12 buttons. Driver version is 2.1.0.
but my gamepad is a CSL 180 and has 12 buttons but I will say only 6 axes.. apparently the CSL company do not provide drivers for linux..but can I correct this some how? the gamepad should be compatible with the PS3.. can I force drivers for a PS3 gamepad on linux to see if this solve my problems?

Sponsored links

The shoulder buttons are sometimes axises (pressure sensitive buttons). This is the case for my xbox controller.

Are you sure that the sticks do something in the specific game? What happens if you bind the controls to keyboard-strokes?
(10-13-2014, 11:22 PM)willkuer Wrote: The shoulder buttons are sometimes axises (pressure sensitive buttons). This is the case for my xbox controller.

Are you sure that the sticks do something in the specific game? What happens if you bind the controls to keyboard-strokes?

as example Ace Combat 5.. if I use the keyboard I'm able to control the airplain direction where the gamepad has the stick configuration. The same happens for other games such as; "Matrix path of neo", "Robotech", etc.
Do you have some sensitivity or deadzone setting in onepad?
(10-13-2014, 11:51 PM)willkuer Wrote: Do you have some sensitivity or deadzone setting in onepad?

with onepad I can't really see any sensitivity or deadzone... but as you can see in the attachment I'm able to configurate every button and axe. Using the jstest-gtk I can see that the sensitity of the gamepad, and it is just fine and there is no deadzone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I take everthing back.. it was my mistake.. it seems to be that the "home" button of my gamepad switch the functionality of buttons and sticks.. apparently I had a configuration where my sticks and buttons were switch. After I realise that and I did a correct configuration everything work just fine.

thanks for you time willkuer!