SOTC 2016 settings?
Hi, this is my first time playing Shadow of the colossus on the PCSX2 and i got into some issues, is there any updated tutorial where i can setup SOTC without those issues? There are pretty olds tutorials like from 2012, i followed some of them but it didn't turn out the way i expected. Like, should i use opengl or directX in this game? hacks? those kind of stuff. I just wanna get the best experience possible from what the pcsx2 can offer, i am using the latest build (07d7905) and i've got a overall decent computer.
-Thanks in advance.
i7 8700K@5000MHz
GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0
Maximus Hero X
16G Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz C16

Sponsored links

use OpenGL, set the Blending Accuracy to Medium (I think), CRC hacks to Partial (OpenGL Recommended) and put the VU Cycle Stealing speedhack up a notch, the game should run at full speed without blinding you Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks for the help. As soon as i started using VU Cycle the game started to run super laggy, looks like i'm using frameskip, is that supposed to happen?
i7 8700K@5000MHz
GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0
Maximus Hero X
yeh the higher you put VU Cycle Stealing the worse it gets, but it brings the framerate up, though tbh it should run smoothly on your system without any VU Cycle stealing.

You can try the MTVU speedhack as well, some people (like myself) report it running faster, others say it's slower, see which way works best for you.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yeah, i disabled the speedhacks, and the game is running great, thanks.
i7 8700K@5000MHz
GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0
Maximus Hero X