SPU2-X 1.4 not detected!
Hello, after recently downloading PCX2 0.9.8, I then proceeded to download the latest SPU2-X. I put it in the plugins folder, started up PCX2, and saw that it was not detected. In the plugin selector, everything else was visible except for the latest SPU2-X. I've tried using the built-in SPU2, but I've noticed in games that while my fps is at 60 and above, my sound sounds like it's lagging three times as slow. Is there a problem here as to why SPU2-X 1.4 is being undetected, and if so, how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh, I completely forgot. This appears in the Program Log:

[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\SPU2-X.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
Path: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\SPU2-X.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\SPU2-X.dll

Sponsored links

First and foremost, reinstall in another directory, any directory yourself creates do the trick, let's say C:\PCSX2...

Just avoid those accursed "specially protected" folders under Vista and Seven... for any game you install from now on, even native PC games.

Ignore the above if the OS is XP, try updating the directX ... well, maybe someone may know more about the new release on XP and point a more specific solution.

PS: Apparently you installed over a previous version... uninstall it fully and delete the PCSX2 folder on My Documents "after" backing up whatever you have there. Just make sure the inis folder is gone before reinstalling. a register cleaning could help in general fashion too, in a broad way. CCleaner is a useful little tool you find on the web.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-07-2011, 08:12 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: First and foremost, reinstall in another directory, any directory yourself creates do the trick, let's say C:\PCSX2...

Just avoid those accursed "specially protected" folders under Vista and Seven... for any game you install from now on, even native PC games.

Ignore the above if the OS is XP, try updating the directX ... well, maybe someone may know more about the new release on XP and point a more specific solution.

Of course! Windows 7 may have been a step in the right direction, but there's still some kinks to work out. I can't believe I'd forgotten about this, I'd had the same problem with the BYOND auto-updater. Anyways, thank you so much!
SPU2-X 1.4 needs the portaudio.dll file in the PCSX2 folder. (it's in the first post in the thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SPU2-X-v1-4)

Just By the way the SPU2-X that comes with PCSX2 0.9.8 is the latest one, but having the other versions is not bad anyway Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
dunno about that Shadow Lady, it only seems to need portaudio if you use portaudio output.

i have spu2x running just fine with no portaudio.dll.

its more possible that he doesn't have the latest xaudio files since xaudio is the default output.
Wrong, the SPU2-X 1.4 release version needs the portaudio dll to load at all, that need was removed in later svn revisions and the one included in PCSX2 0.9.8 tho.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Tongue but im using the later svn or release version Tongue2

but i remember now, i used the 1.4.0 thread version once and had the portaudio error.