SPU2-X v2
Hi, my wife and I just downloaded PCSX2 yesterday, but we're having trouble with Dokapon Kingdom.

With SPU2-X, we don't get any sound at all. With ZeroSPU2, we get sound all the way until the main title screen, at which it point is just promptly cuts out.

I don't see any errors, and looking at the log doesn't seem to show anything pertinent. Google searches have been fairly fruitless... telling me to disable patches and such. I checked the compatibility list, and Dokapon Kingdom wasn't there, but I'm hoping that I can get some answers here. Any ideas what's going on with the sound?

Sponsored links

Is there anything in particular that has to be done to get XAudio2 working correctly under Windows 8.1? It's been working really well til xaudio2_7.dll crashes after 15-20 minutes of play. DirectSound mode works, but it's been slower and there's some popping and hissing.
Try portaudio with Wasapi or if it offers that, XA2.
It shouldn't crash after a while of course, but I've no idea why it does without a stack trace.
I haven't been able to get a stack trace of the XA2 crashes. I only found out it was causing them by checking the Windows event logs. The emulator itself has no output relating to them (not the console, not emulog.txt), just a generic "*****'s broke and I'm killing it" from Windows.
Here is my experience..
Xaudio is unplayable for me.Way too much crashes .
Directsound is choppy and has some strange clickings sounds

The only way for me to play pcsx2 with no crashes and good sound is by using PortAudio->Windows WDM-KS->Speakers Asus Xonar DG Audio

Sound is crystal clear ,and no crash ever.

Win7x64 16gb ram
Intel 2500k
Nvidia 560ti
Asus Xonar DG sound
Could a dev provide me a link with Catmull interpolation source because I can't seem to find any C++ implementation for it anywhere on the net.
Iirc, it's in mixer.cpp. Ctrl-f "CatmullRomInterpolate" and you should see it in SPU2-X.

Code:
static s32 CatmullRomInterpolate(
    s32 y0, // 16.0
    s32 y1, // 16.0
    s32 y2, // 16.0
    s32 y3, // 16.0
    s32 mu  //  0.12
    )
{
    //q(t) = 0.5 *(        (2 * P1) +
    //    (-P0 + P2) * t +
    //    (2*P0 - 5*P1 + 4*P2 - P3) * t2 +
    //    (-P0 + 3*P1- 3*P2 + P3) * t3)

s32 a3 = (-  y0 + 3*y1 - 3*y2 + y3);
    s32 a2 = ( 2*y0 - 5*y1 + 4*y2 - y3);
    s32 a1 = (-  y0        +   y2     );
    s32 a0 = (        2*y1            );

s32 val = ((a3  ) * mu) >> 12;
    val = ((a2 + val) * mu) >> 12;
    val = ((a1 + val) * mu) >> 12;

return (a0 + val);
}
^My limited understanding in C++ says that this code interpolates everything that passes though the voice (or channel? needs clearning up) and it treats it as a whole so if PCM passes it it pass PCM through interpolation aswell. Right? I knew that I had to read PS2 documentation before asking that stuff...
Which is faster on win7? Xa2 or wasapi?
Any output module as roughly as fast as the others, meaning they're all undetectably close to each other.
VIRGIN KLM: The SPU2 has channels for streaming audio. If the game wants unprocessed streaming audio, it would use those.
The per voice interpolation is built into the hardware so if the game streamed through a voice channel, it expects the
audio to be interpolated as well.