SPU2-X v2
Did it use to work on the past?

Sponsored links

On linux, i don't know, first try of pcsx2 here.

On Windows no problem on the other hand. Strange problem.
Weird. Sounds like maybe the device isn't getting released properly or something? Does PCSX2 use exclusive mode on Linux?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
No exclusive mode on Linux. Especially that SPU2X works always, just few missing sound effect on some games, Music always works perfectly.

I don't understand the problem either :-/
I updated to Windows 10 (from 7) and while I THINK PCSX began to work better, faster... I have no sound from SPU2-X plugin! Just everything mute. Zero SPU works okay... if it does, because as always, in Metal Gear Solid 3 it produces a hellish sound making the game unenjoyable at all. Any tips what I could do?
If you're using port audio, tick the "exclusive mode" box under its advanced config
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

So easy. Thank you!
How then made to have the voices in the game? Doa2 hardcore
Stick to your thread please, I already told you why you can't http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DOA-2-HARDCORE-USA
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Hellow everyone. I had a question that is related to the SPU2 plugin. If I were to find information about a bug that occurs with the plugin, could anyone here feasibly work on correcting it? In other words, is anyone here capable of working on the SPU2 plugin module or is the person who did the work on SPU2 no longer available and what we have is all we can have (a similar case to the Direct3D renderer in GSDX).

If there are people here who could indeed work on the SPU2 plugin, can someone tell me how to create a dump or something similar to a dump when the issue happens?

About the issue at hand: I've noticed that in some games (I've not really played PCSX2 that much to know if all games file under this) everyone once in a while some type of bug occurs where one sound will repeat indefinitely. For example, in Kinetica (where I know I can reproduce this specific issue), if I use the boost for a long enough time, sometimes the game or sound (I'm not sure) will forget that I stopped boosting and the sound for the boost will continue to play (only the sound, not the actual action of boosting, nothing crazy like that). Sometimes the sound will last until a new match, other times that boost sound will last until I reset the game entirely.

Another time where I've come across this issue has happened three times in Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana regarding dialogue. Sometimes when someone is talking and I'm getting ready to press X to initiate another speaker (I like listening to the Japanese voices so I let them play out), the person who was speaking will get a small audio glitch where the last word or so will repeat until I initiate the other speaker or have the person glitched speak again.

It's not a glitch that happens often and I should probably see if it happens in all the different type of backends, but I feel like it is not a backend glitch. If there is a way for me to capture what the issue is and paste it here for someone to work on in it (in due time of course, it's probably one of the least important issues ever), I'd really love that.

I can attempt to create the bug on github so it can be tracked, but only if I can confirm it is indeed a bug (or someone here can help confirm it's a bug).

Like I said before: For as long as I've been a member of PCSX2 (and lurker before then) I don't think I've actually played many games to completion on the emulator, which means that my exposure to actual long term problems that can arise is.... very limited. I don't know how early this bug began and quite honestly, I think it's always or near always been here. Kinetica is one of the first games I played and I remember it being a problem a while ago, I'm talking 1.1.x long ago.