SPU2-X v2
We know of the problem in Atelier Iris. It's probably not the SPU2 plugin itself, but very strict timing required on ADPCM signals through the entire sound generation chain (IOP <> SPU2 <> single voice's start/stop signals). PCSX2 has trouble with that but a fix won't be easy. We hope we'll get one, eventually.

Sponsored links

Ah, thank you so much Rama for the information. So it happens in Atelier Iris and Kinetica (which is where I first encountered it).

Sucks it's not an easy fix, but at least it's not a big deal at all and isn't that annoying for voices, though highly annoying in Kinetica :3. Thanks again, good to know you are aware of it.
I can't get any version of SPU to show up in my first time configuration, what am I doing wrong?

I'm on Windows XP, and I've tried the XP version and extracted it to the same folder where my other files are and they all load.
It doesn't work even with the special SPU2-X build provided for windows XP ?
(02-23-2016, 11:46 AM)ssakash Wrote: It doesn't work even with the special SPU2-X build provided for windows XP ?

No, I haven't been able to get that to work. I've tried saving that file to the same folder as the other plugins, but the configuration doesn't seem to recognize it, zipped or unzipped.
This is complied with vs 2013 so you will also need to have vc redist 2013 installed(the latest pcsx2 need 2015 but that plugin alone need 2013)

I just tried it here and the plugin didn't appear until I installed vc redist 2013
Quick question about the latency setting: there's an option in the main window that has a 15ms minimum, and another option under "configure" for the output module, which goes down to 10ms in the case ofWASAPI.

They both seem to affect latency, so does each serve a distinct purpose?
Sad 

Hello everyone,
I have PCSX2 v1.2.1 and I want to install the lastest version (1.4.0) but went I configure the software on the first launch, there is no SPU plug-in Sad
I try to dowload it alone and replace it but I have the same isue...
Same thing with unistall/install again  (I used the setup file, not the zip one) OR copy the version of my actual working PCSX2.

Any one have an idea ?

(WinXP)
(04-21-2016, 12:02 AM)AjeAurel Wrote: Hello everyone,
I have PCSX2 v1.2.1 and I want to install the lastest version (1.4.0) but went I configure the software on the first launch, there is no SPU plug-in Sad
I try to dowload it alone and replace it but I have the same isue...
Same thing with unistall/install again  (I used the setup file, not the zip one) OR copy the version of my actual working PCSX2.

Any one have an idea ?

(WinXP)

Did you replace it with the one from the following post?
(02-23-2016, 11:46 AM)ssakash Wrote: It doesn't work even with the special SPU2-X build provided for windows XP ?
I'm trying to get it to work, but I'm having the same problem as AjeAurel. Does it have anything to do with upgrading to Windows 10 Pro?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I fixed it by moving it to a User folder instead of keeping it in Program Files. I guess it couldn't read it without permission.