SPU2-X v2
(02-21-2009, 03:45 AM)Rozencraft Wrote: i get this error failed to init xaudio2 engine: 0x12f 69c do i lack something? i tested it with tales of abyss and wild arms 5

Vista or XP?
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

im using xp sp3
ok, i'll try then

the result depends a little on the save and always happens when loading, yet sometimes it starts to happen in mid game while nothing specially is happening, just loaded the game once and let it run from some time, and it doesn't seem to have any kind of pattern of when it happens

this is what i hear, when loading (still black screen) i hear a sound that looks like a mix between breaking glass and a censoring beep, right after it (when the image starts to show up) i hear the same sound but now only a longer high pitch censoring sound without the breaking glass part, and this is the sound that repeats in mid game, the other only happens when loading

default settings, the problem is gone if reverb is turned off

i noticed it in revision 529 (i even commented back then) but i'm note sure when it started i'm guessing it was the changes of that day, since i usually test it every day with new builds and don't remember hearing it in the previous day

what more strange is that i remember messing around with the configs in later revisions and noticed the sounds being gone while reverb was on, i even thought the problem was fixed... maybe i did had the reverb off and didn't notice it :\
E8400 @ 3.2GHz - 8800 GT @ stock - 4GB DDR2 800 [actual: 3.5GB with PAE] - WinXP PRO 32bit SP3
[Image: 133779.png]
Another big thank you. The audio in FFX-Int is by far the best of any SPU plugin I've tried so far. I had one odd game lockup, but I doubt that was SPU related, as sound continued to play, animations continued to run, etc... it's just the game logic halted and wouldn't let me continue (no character became ready for input when it should have been my turn). I had to restart from a previous save. The "player ready for action input" sound is a bit odd... a little too high pitched and a bit quiet, but that may just be a poor memory of what it's supposed to sound like... I'll check it against my PS2 sometime later. Again, thanks very much for your work on this excellent plugin.
i7 930 @ 3.8GHz/6GB DDR-3-1600 8-8-8-24/ATI HD5770-1GB/Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit
This plugin sounds alot better than any of the other plugins I've used! FFX sounds more normal this time around (especially the cursor sound)! But I've a question about a weird (minor) issue; for the most part, the audio plays just fine, but every once in while, I'll hear this weird squeek (imagine the sound of someone gradually letting air out of balloon) in the left and then in the right channels, but if you pause the game, they don't show up. This doesn't negatively affect performance or overall gameplay, but I thought it should be brought up nonethelss. This happens on both Direct Sound and Xaudio2 modes. One thing's for sure, it hasn't crashed pcsx2!
(02-21-2009, 04:20 AM)kebrus Wrote: ok, i'll try then

the result depends a little on the save and always happens when loading, yet sometimes it starts to happen in mid game while nothing specially is happening, just loaded the game once and let it run from some time, and it doesn't seem to have any kind of pattern of when it happens

this is what i hear, when loading (still black screen) i hear a sound that looks like a mix between breaking glass and a censoring beep, right after it (when the image starts to show up) i hear the same sound but now only a longer high pitch censoring sound without the breaking glass part, and this is the sound that repeats in mid game, the other only happens when loading

default settings, the problem is gone if reverb is turned off

i noticed it in revision 529 (i even commented back then) but i'm note sure when it started i'm guessing it was the changes of that day, since i usually test it every day with new builds and don't remember hearing it in the previous day

what more strange is that i remember messing around with the configs in later revisions and noticed the sounds being gone while reverb was on, i even thought the problem was fixed... maybe i did had the reverb off and didn't notice it :\
Confirmed.
Here is the sample: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xc8h81

P.S. kebrus, use FairStars Recorder in next time (to make a sample) :P
like every sound plugin exept peops 1.9 in tales of destiny remake the music randomly stop after some seconds but the sound still works
Yeah that's the DMA problem. Peops does async dma, which works ok for those specific games (but breaks on many FMVs and voice overs in other games). SPU2-X uses synchronous DMA, which works for FMVs well but breaks in some games like Tales of Destiny and some parts of FFX. The problem is in Pcsx2 itself, and until I fix that side, there's no way for a single plugin to correctly support all DMAs in all games.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
hiho got a sound problem not sure yet why

in FF XII sometimes i experience high tunes for like half a sec
tunes are always different ones
but also always like beeep or teeeet xD

everything on default
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(02-21-2009, 01:33 PM)kabooz Wrote: hiho got a sound problem not sure yet why

in FF XII sometimes i experience high tunes for like half a sec
tunes are always different ones
but also always like beeep or teeeet xD

everything on default

I had the same issue. Just disable Effects Processing then it's gone.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |